Discuss working for lbc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

I am through to final interview stage for permanent employment with my local LBC working on domestic propertys as a electrical improver.Before my interview can any one tell me what the work is like ,what it involves ,will there be out of hours call out ,maintenance ect after i have found my feet !! This is direct employment and not subbie work any response would appreciated as i am not working in the electrical field at the moment as i am driving hgv,s would this be a good move and do they encourage training !! pay is low
though so hopeing chance of o/t or call outs

:crazy:

Richard

An lbc I worked at the sparks were on over a £1000 for 9- 4 mon to thurs, fri they came in had a fry up and went on the p***. lol

An lbc I worked at the sparks were on over a £1000 for 9- 4 mon to thurs, fri they came in had a fry up and went on the p***. lol

12K a year then, ....I think i' be doing the same if that's all they were paying!! Then again, would I be able to afford to go on the the p**s every Friday?? lol!!!

Maffs not your strong point then, theres a bit more than 12 weeks in a year.

Where did it say ''WEEKLY'' in your post then??

So your expecting us to believe that these sparks were/are on 52K a year then, ...yeah right pull the other leg, it's got bells on it!!!

I currently work for one. It involves everything, domestic, intakes, boiler rooms, em lighting, Ryefields, mains etc.

All aspects of installation and maintenance, call outs and over time when its required.

I do it for an agency, so you lose the benefits, but gain more dough ;-)

Where did it say ''WEEKLY'' in your post then??

So your expecting us to believe that these sparks were/are on 52K a year then, ...yeah right pull the other leg, it's got bells on it!!!

lol, what do you think '£1000 for 9- 4 mon to thurs' means. And do you know anything about lbc rates? obviously not! Are you saying I'm lying?

I know that electricians working for local councils are NOT on 52K a year. Make of that what you wish!!

Perhaps we should ask truckermot what sort of ball park figure he has been offered as an improver electrician for a LBC. And yes i DO know a bit about LBC, i have family members working in one of them. They have never been known as high paying establishments, ....not until you reach the upper echelons, where you will find all the failures of the real worlds private companies hiding...

Hi folks

the pay scale is between 16,000-18,500 for a electrical improver

cheers

Richard

Thanks truckermot, ...i had a ball park figure in my mind of 18000 in your category as an improver electrician.
By the way, the LBC used to be not bad at encouraging training, and tended to pay for that training too. What it's like these days in this economic climate, i wouldn't like to make any guesses

I know that electricians working for local councils are NOT on 52K a year. Make of that what you wish!!

Perhaps we should ask truckermot what sort of ball park figure he has been offered as an improver electrician for a LBC. And yes i DO know a bit about LBC, i have family members working in one of them. They have never been known as high paying establishments, ....not until you reach the upper echelons, where you will find all the failures of the real worlds private companies hiding...

Stop guessing! lol.

There are binmen earning over £40k a year in the uk.

But I will try and explain the pay scale even though you don't really deserve an explanation because you are so rude.

The lbc I worked at used a set of very bizarre nationally agreed local government rates. The sparks were on a very low basic rate (no idea what it was). But from memory they got paid something like 40p extra to replace a light switch, which is a ridiculously low amount of money. But then they claimed for testing and there was only one rate of about £30. The sparks were also supported by a communist councillor and thats why they were allowed to get away with their rip off and earn over £50K per year.

You obviously know very little about how lbc's work, but I can assure you all the bosses are terrified of councillors because they are like roman emperors, get a thumbs down and you've had it.

i will go along and see what they have to offer engineer. i have bills like every one else and at the end of the day my mortgage is my priority bud !! if successfull i would drop money but i am looking long term !!! with this one

Totally off topic but how many binmen do you know on 40k a year.

I know loads of lads on the bins and I know their hourly rate. It's easy what they do and the hours are good but they don't touch 40k.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Stop guessing! lol.

But I will try and explain the pay scale even though you don't really deserve an explanation because you are so rude.

The lbc I worked at used a set of very bizarre nationally agreed local government rates. The sparks were on a very low basic rate (no idea what it was). But from memory they got paid something like 40p extra to replace a light switch, which is a ridiculously low amount of money. But then they claimed for testing and there was only one rate of about £30. The sparks were also supported by a communist councillor and thats why they were allowed to get away with their rip off and earn over £50K per year.

You obviously know very little about how lbc's work, but I can assure you all the bosses are terrified of councillors because they are like roman emperors, get a thumbs down and you've had it.

i know a dinner lady,she gets paid 10p for every yorkshire pudding she makes and £50 per yorky to make sure its crispy..

wheres the 50k sparks then..i wait while you troll tinternet

For obvious reasons I'm not saying where.

I've stated facts with explanations and couldn't care less about people who know nothing about how lbc's and councillors work. But are stupidly prepared to try and argue about something they nothing about.

Just keep paying your council tax. lol

Edit - heres a spark on a good council earner - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6982335.ece

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop guessing! lol.

Bin men don't work for the councils anymore, they are employed by private companies!! But that's another subject...

I don't believe i've been rude at all, ...not unless you mean that i disagree with you that is!! I find it extremely hard to believe that council sparks were/are on 52K a year, in fact i just don't believe it. There would be intensive investigations/audits on that dept's annual salary bill, and looking to cut personnel, rates, allowances etc. There are very few Engineers (if any) on the council that are on that sort of money, unless they are one of the bosses...

Don't just assume i know absolutely nothing about local councils. As i told you earlier, i have family members working in a local council, one who has done so for many years. He now runs a section of building inspectors, and a civil Engineer by profession. I doubt very much if he is on 52K a year. But what he does get, or will at the end of this year, is a very good Pension, based on his final salary...

Reply to working for lbc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net