• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Working Holiday in Malawi for Electrician in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This electrician job is going for grabs, please don't post contact details in this area of the forum. Use the forum messaging system instead.
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
We are small eco lodge on the shores of lake malawi. We have 3 large african style chalets a main house and a deck restaurant

I would like an electrician to rewire the main house about 6 rooms and our deck kitchen and bar, give general advice and repair any minor faults.

Work will consist of firstly checking my wiring and distribution board giving general advice and some light work doing some wiring and sockets about 4-5 hours per day.

its a small job for two weeks we are out there i will pay airfare, visa, food and accom so its more a working holiday.

we run on 2kw solar

and ive just installed a hyundai 5.2kw diesel generator as back up

we hope to be connected to the grid which has finally arrived in our area in the next 3-4 months

i need an electrician to give my place the once over so i know where am at and that we are safe before applying for connection.

Plenty of labour available so the work wont be too onerous and am happy for it to be done 4-5 hours per day - rest of time is your own to sit on beach and enjoy the view

Regards

John & Ida

Working Holiday in Malawi for Electrician {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hi John. I think the best advice is to employ a local reputable company to do this work. Unless we have electricians from Tanzania or Mozambique on this forum, none of us will have much idea of the regulations with regard to electrical installations in these countries, nor of local building regulations. As you can see from the amounts of views this thread has, it's a very tempting idea, but not very realistic.

John

I would be interested and treat an opportunity like this on its merits. By asking in this space (not ruling out local business help) I am hoping you were expecting UK Wiring regs and practice to an high standard as your default. While it should be possible to check local practice as part of scoping any contribution. Merry Christmas

Hi there.
I'm a uk trained electrician (JIB Site technician grading 20 years +) who has been in South Africa for 8 years (licensed and registered) with my own company. I might be able to help. African wiring is a whole differnt ball game to uk standards but we have a couple of malawian guys who sub for us when we get busy.
You can reach me at [email protected]
Thanks

Reply to Working Holiday in Malawi for Electrician in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock