Discuss working in Canada in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Any sparks on here ever worked in Canada?
Answer
Yep I did for 3 months. whats wrong with that answer?

I don't read minds, nor can I see into the future, if the OP has a particular question about working in Canada, I will endeavour to answer if I can

I seen a job advertised through an agency. Called them today about it and it's with a company based here in the UK. Flights, accommodation and food paid for, they sort out the visa and you go out for 20 days then home for 8 days in cycles like that. £150 a day.

I seen a job advertised through an agency. Called them today about it and it's with a company based here in the UK. Flights, accommodation and food paid for, they sort out the visa and you go out for 20 days then home for 8 days in cycles like that. £150 a day.

Don't forget you need to be out of the UK for a full Tax Year, or you'll be liable for tax on the full salary amount paid. I think you're allowed 60 days within that year in the UK!! To be honest i'm a little rusty on the rules these day's, but i'm sure others here can give you the up to date tax rules.

At least it's something else to be aware of and to take into consideration...

That sounds like a life sentence. You would be better looking for a Canadian company who have work on the oil & gas sites. I have some details if you want me to PM them. Don't want to put them over open forum.

I really fancy working in Canada, at least for a little while. The only thing is, I'd be worried to go over there without the guarantee of a Job. What agencies or companies could help with this ?

Reply to working in Canada in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net