Discuss Working in cyprus in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kelrich

Alright lads
just returned from limossol in cyprus last month cracking place, anyone ever worked there or know how to get into work over there, its something id like a bash at one day

engineer54 is your man for info on cyprus.

Hi all,

I am working with the maintenance contractor at the moment but as part of the MOD. It is currently Interserve who have a prime contractor who carry out all of the works on their behalf. The contract is in the process of being re-let which is due to be changed next year. Good luck on getting work over here on the civil side, as far as i can see its very difficult.

REgards

I'm afraid it's as asqs342 suggests, ...''very difficult'' to get any start in civvey street . I would imagine it will take a lot of leg work trying to find any salaried work!! You will also need to register yourself as ''Resident'' and have your Quals attested. ...Not a problem for UK electricians, more of a formality you must go through. Both take a day each on average, but can take much longer, if you have a lazy good for nothing jobs-worth dealing with you!! lol!!

Most Brit's in Cyprus are self employed or start small companies, many going into the property maintenance / rental business. But like most area's of Europe, right now times are hard and getting harder for them. The profitable goods years are over, and doubt if they will return anytime soon.

The biggest thing in Cyprus is WHO you know, find someone with influence and doors just seem to open wide. You need to also realise right from the start, Cyp's are very shrood where money is concerned, they are NOT country yodels!! They will strip you of cash with a bright smile on their face every time!! ...lol!!

Depending on your qualifications, my advice ...would be to look much further East, like South East Asia, they are the only ones with money these days. Look up the overseas vacancy agencies is as good a place to start as any!!!

Eng'ie 54 is correct. Cyp's will bleed you dry and have no sense fair play where money is concerned. They will put a family member out of business or rob them blind, when they are penniless they will give them all the family support and look after them.
The Greeks arnt called greedy for nothing. Cyprus was the land of opportunity if you knew the right people, now its a graveyard of broken dreams and the country is on its knees. I know the right people and wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.

Reply to Working in cyprus in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net