Discuss working on a cruise ship? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

adam2601

Hi there,
I am coming out of my apprenticeship very soon, which will leave me too do my am2 to become qualified ,
where do i stand if I was wanting to have a gap year working among the ships, would i have to be qualified even to go on as some sort of electrical mate? eg doing the cabin lighting etc, or would i have to be qualified for that, obviously you need like a hnd of some kind to work as a full electrician i assume? if anybody could get back to me and tell me where i stand that would be brilliant
thanks,
Adam

Cabaret singer maybe? Can't offer any help sorry, but at least this has bumped the thread up! Daz

Why would you need a HND to work as a fully qualified electrician. By the way electricians on ships need a different qualification, at least they did when I enquired about it years ago.

Why would you need a HND to work as a fully qualified electrician. By the way electricians on ships need a different qualification, at least they did when I enquired about it years ago.

Minimum qualification now for an Electro Technical Officer at sea is a HND, general electricial work such as changing lamps etc are done by Fillipinos or other cheap labour nationalities

You need to be assessed by the MCA and would need an ENG 1 Seafarer Medical, Medical First aid training, fire fighting training and some other seafaring courses. You could possibly work as a motorman in the engine room. Check out the MCA website. MCA is Maritime Coastguard Agency by the way.

Reply to working on a cruise ship? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock