Discuss Working Quicker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Allow enough time in your price to do the job with a little bit of contingency on top.
Try to forsee what could go wrong before submitting the price.

Don't forget that working fast is not the same thing as working efficiently!

Dont let your work rate drop whether your on price or hourly work and you wouldn't have that problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
To be really efficient I'd say turn your phone off if you can, avoid site radios which distract and just stay focussed.
The other day I still had a fair bit to do on a job and it was already 3pm - so I got stuck in properly and 2nd fixed 8 double sockets, 6x downlights and 2x 2gang switches in under 2 hours, all done nice and tidy too. It can be done but I don't think you could keep it up all day long.

To be really efficient I'd say turn your phone off if you can, avoid site radios which distract and just stay focussed.
The other day I still had a fair bit to do on a job and it was already 3pm - so I got stuck in properly and 2nd fixed 8 double sockets, 6x downlights and 2x 2gang switches in under 2 hours, all done nice and tidy too. It can be done but I don't think you could keep it up all day long.
and that's obviously allowing for a 30 minute teas/smoke break. if not, why did it take so long?

Efficiency is key, making sure all tools are with you aswell as gear to do the job, also the correct tools to do the job, I've worked with people who run around like mad men and don't seem to get anything done, just being busy fools. Plan, plan and plan!!

Apart from all that has been said, if you are good at your job and confidant plus experienced whitch is key, speed normally becomes second nature, but there are plodders in life, that's life.

Last edited:
Speed of work is no bad thing , most of all though is careful planning and forethought of whats required for the job in hand with that speed can go hand in hand ,

Got to admit, some people I've worked under seem to waste hours each day driving backwards and forwards from the store. They'll get back and 5 minutes later realise they'd forgotten something and have to go back out. Or they'll crawl in to the far reaches of the attic only to realise they've forgotten a screwdriver or something.

snowhead: I got your little joke mate, made me chuckle at least :)

Got to admit, some people I've worked under seem to waste hours each day driving backwards and forwards from the store. They'll get back and 5 minutes later realise they'd forgotten something and have to go back out. Or they'll crawl in to the far reaches of the attic only to realise they've forgotten a screwdriver or something.

snowhead: I got your little joke mate, made me chuckle at least :)

I have to put my hands up to this.

I have to put my hands up to this.

Obviously the people doing this are happy - they might enjoy driving to the store to get a bit of a break, but I'd rather be away an hour earlier than dilly-dallying about. Each to their own I guess.

Reply to Working Quicker in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock