Discuss working with too many plumbers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jackhammerJIM

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
been doing a lot of subbing to a heating firm recently , teams of 4 plumbers and one spark installing

biomass boilers .

the latest load of nonsense from them ...

spark : why is there 3 x 2 port valves on that s plan ?

plumber : the 3rd valve is a safety feature for the unvented cylinder .

spark : ok how does that work ?

plumber : it has to be connected thru the thermal cutout on the cylinder.

spark : ok . seems pointless considering i have already connected the hot water valve thru the thermal cutout .

plumber : if the valve fails and keeps filling the cylinder it could explode

spark : if the valve fails it will close

plumbers : all scratching there heads at this point and now arguing amongst themselves quoting regs and theories and

what ifs ,

A QUICK sgeg on that evil place the pluming forum (which looks alot like this place) reveals

the sparky is correct in this instance .

after weeks of working with these savages , the spark is coming out on top

i wonder what next week will bring and i look forward to telling the f**kers tomoro haha

looked on the plumbers forum , one guy mentioned this but was then disregarded as not needed .

have had this all day from them lot . seems it is needed on a y not s

Ah yes, I take it back! That is right, as long as that valve is only controlling the cylinder you are right it isn't required, please continue with your onslaught against the plumbers lol

i'm just relieved that during this crisis an electrician was at hand to tell the plumbers how to install their own heating system !
phew !
lol ;-)
day 2 should bring further arse scratching.......

Is ther much in them electrically?
just asking as ive 2 of these to do in November.one in a big house and the other in an industrial unit.
no details regarding hoppers and the like as yet

just asking as ive 2 of these to do in November.one in a big house and the other in an industrial unit.

Are you saying that you have taken work on, that you don't know how it works??

No, just like a normal cylinder but is sealed rather than vented, as a normal cylinder they can have a direct immersion, but apart from that it is the controls you need to get right, as Eng55 said, you shouldn't be installing these unless you have the unvented ticket, can be extremely dangerous unless done properly

No, just like a normal cylinder but is sealed rather than vented, as a normal cylinder they can have a direct immersion, but apart from that it is the controls you need to get right, as Eng55 said, you shouldn't be installing these unless you have the unvented ticket, can be extremely dangerous unless done properly

Has Eng54 been upgraded? Daz

I had kill the power to someone's cylinder immersion the other night.
I'm assuming the thermostat has died and it's been continually boiling the water for about the previous 4 days and nights.
It only came to light due to nextdoor's loft being saturated from the steam from the expansion tank blowing through.
I'm guessing if it was an unvented tank, with dodgy pressure relief, a split tank and boiling water everywhere would be an eventuality!!!

re : the threads title.... you can't work with too many plumbers....... as long as you're a hangman.

not a massive amount of wiring to do on the boilers we have wired (guntamatic)

in the boiler house/plant room there will be supplies to
boiler
pump
valves
heat meters
pressurisation unit

probes to connect up for metering
fault monitor if specced

pipes are run underground to existing buildings with existing
heating systems . disconnect the boilers in these buildings so the existing systems
fire the existing pump and bobs your uncle .

the industrial unit will likely have fan heaters , destrat fans and a pump

if you get stuck ask the plumbers lol

Are you saying that you have taken work on, that you don't know how it works??
err this is what i got the other day
im putting 2 biomass units in next month
one in the house and one in the factory ill get you some instructions.
im sure ill manage. he has 2 plumber lads who are good to do the wet side
it will be just controls for me.

Reply to working with too many plumbers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock