Discuss Workshop light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard

Hi all,
We've got a picture framing workshop (the mrs's). At the moment its got flourecent lights, but she keeps saying she needs something brighter above her work bench (basically a 4x8 sheet of MDF).

She said it needs to give plently of light, so what thinking was hanging a Lowbay light above. Just wondering if anyone had any other thoughts? I can take a pic if it makes any difference.

Thanks rich

I'm suprised you would want to change as they give pretty good light. Could you drop the lights onto chains to bring it closer to the work surface. What type of lamp have you is it a warm white or daylight and could you change it over to a cool white.

By "brighter" does she actually mean 'more evenly distributed?'
Fluorescent lights should be fine, but position them with consideration to where the shadows will be cast, eg a tube above each side of the bench will light all around it so each side of whatever is on the bench should be lit, whereas if you have a massive single point light behind your head you'll just get a massive shadow of your head over whatever you're trying to work on.

Reply to Workshop light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The mrs has just decided she now wants a TV wall with built in shelves etc We are going to build it out of mdf and then paint, I am just...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Posted from another forum "Pretty easy to spot exactly what type of client you're talking too once you've met and dealt with several, and I used...
Replies
Views
Hi all! This is my first post and I have registered to ask for some help with troubleshooting an electric shock I got from a plastic light switch...
Replies
Views
I would be grateful if some of you could assist me with selecting appropriate lighting. Yes, it's for this Men's Shed again, sorry... Basically, I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock