Discuss Worst broadband providers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I see Talktalk have beennamed as worst broadband provider for the second year running. I was with them for quite a few years, but left when they upped their prices and then lost all the data. Mind you, I've made some very nice Asian friends because of it, they phone me quite often to help me sort the problems my Talktalk router is telling them about. We talk for ages, and they take control of my laptop which I've set up for them with nothing much on it for them to break. It's funny, but when I give them access the mouse pointer seems to go straight to the folder marked 'bank details' on th desktop.!

Strange that , got a text on my Phone with a link to my Paypal login , apparently needs securing urgently !
( Your online helpers may only want 30 pound fee for their services...
to install a free anti-virus )

Last edited:
Oooh I was offered lifetime anti virus, and there were THOUSANDS of errors on my laptop. Lucky the nice man helped me. All I needed to do was give him my bank log in details, password, pin etc.

Got Vurgin for mobile, good deal and fast. 4g data, 2500 mins and unlimited texts for £9 a month on SIM only.

I'm with Three. Had a good deal a few years ago so I took it.
100 minutes, unlimited data & texts. £13 a month. Sim only.

BT for home phone and broadband. Took ages to get me fibre though. The rest of the town had it, but it took 18 months before my local street box was upgraded. Now on infinity 2, and with 3 daughters all hooked on youtube, I need it.
Sky for TV. Just the entertainment, no movies or sports. Was £32, but I phoned them I said I was leaving for BT TV, and they dropped it to £19
O2 for mobiles. 2 contracts and 3 PAYG on hand-me-down phones. Down to reception coverage in the places we visit frequently, family etc. Other providers may be cheaper, but at least we get a signal.

I'm with Three. Had a good deal a few years ago so I took it.
100 minutes, unlimited data & texts. £13 a month. Sim only.
Not many friends to phone it seems........... nah na na na nah ;o)))))

Got Sky for tv, landline and internet, works great, but £116 per month! Apart from me, sport mad family, so we got sports and hd plus second box. On top of that £27 for BT sport! Wife on Vodaphone myself with Virgin for mobile, by far our biggest outgoing.

Mobile = 20Gb data, unlimited mins and texts = £25
80GB Broadband and landline = £27
Now TV; Movies, All the Sky channels £16

My normal monthly shopping reduces all that by between £30-70 per month :):)

Now sounds good, but I think it's not full hd and the sports channels are another £30. Not interested in movies, but may look into it. Unfortunately we don't have Virgin TV here.

Try living in Hull. We can't access Sky/Virgin/BT etc. In fact we can't even use Virgin cable. We only really have the choice of KCOM or small local wireless satellite providers for internet. At the moment, KCOM can offer me a package starting from £31 a month) for an average 5.7mb download speed (ambitious being a previous customer) and a 50GB usage allowance (18 month contract). Line Rental is included and not optional.

KCOM Fibre is being installed around the city and is generally seen as one of the fastest and most reliable in the country (according to KCOM) but the prices start at £41 (plus set up charge) with speeds of 200mbps and a 200gb usage allowance.

I'm about to sign up to a wireless satellite provider that offer a £25 per month package (£0 installation and free router - usually mandatory £100+ fee) with a 250gb usage and upto 60mbps download and upload speed. 60mps is probably optimistic and it's a 24 month contract but probably the best deal I'll be able to get unless KCOM drastically reduce their prices!

Reply to Worst broadband providers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock