Discuss Worst Consumer Unit Pictures Thread! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Heard about one CU being wallpapered. Wondered what the worst you've seen is, and pictures win prizes.

Sawdust can create an explosive environment! Could have been quite a blast if there ever was a bad connection and the conditions were right.

Looks like the CU in a Heroine processing plant! What a picture. What IP rating was that again?

Not at those levels of compaction! :)

Westward, I hope you've tendered your multi million pound particulate extraction solution?
Before I took the cover off it was compacted. Was doing an EICR and took ages to find it, maintenance had no idea it was there. If they did any works on the circuits from it they used to knock off its 63A supply breaker. The extraction chamber had been built around it and is probably still the same. No chance of an explosion in there I doubt it contained much oxygen.

On a PI once in Sheffield, after an hour or so of looking around, I found the old 4 way Wylex behind an obscure panel half way up the stairs, Don't bother asking where the meter was ...

Reply to Worst Consumer Unit Pictures Thread! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I wondered if it is OK to have 2 x Main Switches in the same consumer unit. One feeding the RCBOs in the House and one feeding the CU in a garage...
Replies
Views
I am planning to go semi off grid with a victron and battery system. The system will be installed in an out building about 20 meters away from...
Replies
Views
I was just googling for skeleton boards after reading the last thread and various pictures of consumer units popped up, some wired terribly and...
Replies
Views
I live in a flat in Scotland supplied with an old 2 meter system called THTC where one meter using a time signal supplied heating and hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock