Discuss Would you like the menu???? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Earlier this evening the misses and I went for a short walk , and stopped at the local for a swift one ............ I ordered a pint ........... she wanted a gin and tonic ................ and was asked "would you like the see the menu?"

Yes there is a menu for the choice of gin's

Yes really!

£8.95 for 1 pint and a G&T!

i hate gin also. and pubs that charge more than £2.80 for a pint. bloody robbers.

best pub in our town it's £2.10 for a pint of real cask ale and £1 for a large well stuffed bap.

couple of years ago was on a Haven caravan park. only drinkable bevy in the bar was bottled nookie brown @ £4.56. next night 'er indoors' large handbag contained 6 bottles from aldi which cost £1.29 a bottle. winner?

I was astounded when my Son told me he spends easily £200 on a night out in London and as he said "Dad we don't even get drunk, it's around a tenner per drink and entry fees plus taxis, a few clubs and you're out of dough!" Couple of guinness at home £2 does for me!

As my Son told me, a taxi (uber) cost £30. So 7 a.m. got a call from Hounslow police station my Son had been arrested for stealing a taxi. He was with a young lady and half way to his destination the young lady said "oh I live there, would you like to have a coffee at mine?" Needless to say he was desperate for a coffee, and agreed to leave the taxi and cut his journey short to help out the young lady and assuage his err... thirst. The taxi driver went on a wobbler when my Son offerred him £15 for half the journey. Taxi man got out of the vehicle to remonstrate (to put it mildly, i.e. girl screaming at violence etc.) and his taxi (mercedes) rolled down the hill and crashed into a garden wall.
Taxi man told police my Son had stolen the taxi and crashed it. So I told my Son get the duty solicitor and get yourself out of there. Of course investigations led to the conclusion that there was no case to answer. I said ffs for £15 more you could have had a nice cup of coffee in good company but decided to get arrested instead. Bad decision. I wont tell you what I called him as I know you are very sensitive dear reader.
So let that be a cautionary tale for when you contract with Uber taxis on your smart phone!

I love gin, its best to consume that rather than water, just in case of the bugs. Not sure what it's like making tea?

There was actually riots in the 1700's when the government bought in the Gin Act, to stop the plebs consuming too much of it. There are too many producers of the stuff, these days, charging £40 a bottle, when you can get nice litre bottle of Gordons for £18.

Ice & a slice :)

Its mostly male tool tarts on this forum what do you think, can we have a Gin Reception........ :D:eek:
no chance. beer or whiskey only. the female tool tarts can sup the gin and silly cocktails.

Reply to Would you like the menu???? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net