Discuss Wylex busbar? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ross1

-
Reaction score
Any body in the Swansea/neath surrounding area`s have a Wylex busbar at least 7 ways lying around that I could buy off you or know where I could buy one?

Thanks

Thanks Ponty massive, but needs to be a 7 way. Ive just changed a cu at a family members house at my expense so I`ve got a DI assessment job. I installed a Wylex 6 way c/w 80A 30ma rcd and a 100A main switch. Stupid me realised after the change over that the 2 lighting circuits are now not protected by an Rcd, where as the old cu the whole installation was on RCD. I cant confirm the depth of the lighting cables in the walls/ routing etc so I have now left the bloody installation in a less safe state that it was previously in....DUH. Now I got to find a new busbar and link the two N bars. Does anyone know if this board alteration will be acceptable from the assessors point of view?

If you modify the product, so it is no longer how the manufacture designed/intended it to be, I believe this is not acceptable.

Think this is mentioned in the regs somwehere.

If you modify the product, so it is no longer how the manufacture designed/intended it to be, I believe this is not acceptable.

Think this is mentioned in the regs somwehere.

So if I bridge the 2 Neutral bars, shift the RCD unit next to the main switch and find a new busbar then all final circuits will be on an RCD. Is this classed as modifying a board?

Thanks for the input mate but has anyone else got a different point of view?

i can get Wylex ones for £15. Or crappy europa ones for £6/7 not sure if they fit wlex's boards though

£15, is that with VAT. Where in the country are you.

I am also wondering whether I could get away with putting both lighting circuits in the 1 RCBO. Its only a small 2 bed semi?

TLC by me charge £22.50 Ex VAT

Reply to Wylex busbar? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net