Discuss wylex consumer units advise plz in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gizmos227

i have a wylex nhrs9sl unit the small switch for the upstairs lights has gone is this a fuse or do i need to replace the whole switch units as it looks like its a compact unit its a nsbo6 any advise and instructions on how to go about this most appriecated

The small switch you are refering to I can only assume is the MCB. These are replacable (indiviually) for a few pounds. However if you are looking for advice and instructions and going by your terminology get an electricain in to do it. You need to understand safe isolation etc. Judging by your post and terminology you have a minimal understanding and with no disrespect to you and while I am all for people learning, you have a safety aspect to consider, not only for yourself doing the job but also for other using the installation.

Post your location here and someone maybe close by to help.

I think you will find that these are miniture circuit breakers.

I take it it will not reset.

Wylex were subject to a recall on the 6 10 and 16 Amp type B breakers which is well documented.

IMO I would suggest you get it checked out by a electrician if you are not competent to do so yourself!!

as previous posts. you need that CU checking by a qualified spark who will have a list of the suspect MCBs and replace any that are on the recall list. ( these were supplied from, i think, around early 2009 till middle of 2010.)

thanks guys yes it is the little switch on the upstairs lights circuit it wont reset after a bulb blew yes is the mcb thanks will get spark to check it out

the lamp blowing could have introduced a fault which is causing the MCB to trip.

Reply to wylex consumer units advise plz in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net