Discuss Wylex dis boards in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have come across this situation a few times and need some advice . The old wylex boards with re-wirable fuses can be changed to Mcb's really easily , would it be better to change the entire board .is changing the fuses to breakers considered to be renewing the board ?any one got advice?

It does depend which wylex boards you are talking about , 3036 rewireable fused boards still comply with the regs , how ever work requiring RCD protection will require an aditional board ,as RCD's dont fit the old boards and you cannot install an RCD to cover the whole board , also some of the wylex boards the early ones have a wooden frame at the back which can be a fire hazard if the board developes a fault within the board , this is quite common , another no no is with the wylex boards if you install minature MCB's in the board and the fuse cover is not adjusted to fit then you are exposing live parts so care should be taken , i always recommend that a customer upgrades to a new board mainly for added protection and easy of resetting tripped mcb's compaired to rewiring a fuse

for a 6 way board the MCBs to replace the 3036 fuses cost about £65 - £70. for virtually the same money you can get a dual RCD board, fully loaded. pointless excercise fitting breakers in old board. bit like fitting the titanic with disc brakes

Reply to Wylex dis boards in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views
I may well need to change all the MCB's for RCBO's in this board (see picture). Do Wylex RCBO's fit in this board? It is currently fitted with...
Replies
Views
I had Scottish Power moving a supply this morning from one building to another so an extension could be built. I had everything ready for them...
Replies
Views
I try to keep out of Domestic work but I have a problem at home. Currently I have a wylex fuse board with re-wire fuses. they are great because...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock