• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Wylex MCB Type 2 60 amp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good evening people,

Next question from a non-sparky. My electrician has asked me to get a 60 amp MCB for a board, he said I would find one on ebay as the board is a few years older. The other MCBs are Wylex Type 2. I can't find a 60 amp Type 2 but I have seen Type 1, can some one tell me what the difference is and if a type 1 will fit? Google tells me these are rare now and I did read about compatible brands but I would rather keep Wylex if possible.
I can't get him on the phone tonight and I'm keen to get one ordered so I would be grateful if anyone can help.
Or if anyone happened to have one lying about that they would sell that would be superb!
Thanks in advance folks.

Thanks for all the posts guys. It's well above my head and it is now Friday evening so beer time. I was on screwfix earlier looking for sockets and I noticed this, is it any use for what I need...?
Have a good weekend all!

Wylex MCB Type 2 60 amp wylex - EletriciansForums.net

That will not fit, what you are looking for is obsolete. You will only find a used device for that board. The range you need is the HB range, try Willrose Electrical.

Reply to Wylex MCB Type 2 60 amp in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back