Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Wylex NB20 type 2 rcbo replacement in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Dave301

Dave301 EF Member

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the wylex NB type 2s. I need to add rcd protection to an existing circuit but unsure if there is an rcbo that will replace it or do I fit a separate rcd?

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

Pretty sure Wylex never made an rccb to fit those but I believe you could get a two module rccb made by a third party at the time but I would go down the separate rcd route.

3. Dave301

Dave301 EF Member

I didn't think there was. Separate rcd it is then. Thanks westward

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    I don't think they did RCBO's in that range.

5. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

I vaguely recall seeing some two module rccbs made by a company called Stotz Kontakt which is often just SK on the device, they definitely produced mcbs that fitted Wylex NN boards whether for Wylex or indirectly I don't know but SK breakers in these boards are not uncommon.

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

FWIW I would talk to the customer about the pro's and con's of changing the CU ...

7. Dave301

Dave301 EF Member

To be honest I think I've just come to the same conclusion. Seems quite difficult to get hold of any NB type 2 in good condition. Especially the 30A and 40A. Plus he's got NO spare ways at all.
    I will speak with the client tomorrow.