Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Wylex Solar Mini-CU

Discussion in 'Solar PV Forum' started by BruceB, Feb 24, 2012.

Discuss Wylex Solar Mini-CU in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

Decided to use a Wylex solar mini-CU today as an experiment from TLC. I have been making my own up to date from eg MK bits and a din rail meter. Overall I thought it was good:

- The box is small and neat , smaller than the MK ones I have been using but enough room inside.
    - It comes already labelled.
    - It is pre-wired
    - The meter is a PRO1TE V11.312. It is mechanical and much easier to read than the LCD one. The significance of the version number is that it counts up when the power flows one direction only and does not count backwards. So they have thought it through.
    - It has a 16A mcb. Personally I would have designed it with a 20A mcb, as the cables being protected would always be large enough and I prefer an mcb not to be running at its maximum if there is a choice.

Regards
    Bruce

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. MorganPVI

MorganPVI Guest

What inverter did you use?

3. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

The Solar Edge I mentioned in another post