Discuss XEFRO Electric Heaters - Tech Data Required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bessie

I have just visited the home of an elderly couple who have Xefro 'Graphene' panel heaters fitted throughout the house - I was told that they stopped working shortly after they were installed (over a year ago). To cut a long story short, the original sales team made off with the £4k up-front deposit and were never seen again however the second set of installers made a neat enough job - only problem is they left without providing any sort of user manual or the promised controller 'app' for phone/tablet. The system comprises about a dozen radiators grouped into 4 zones. Each radiator has its own wireless receiver, and each zone has a battery-operated wireless controller. There is also a single black box (labelled 'do not unplug') plugged into a 13A socket which I would guess connects to the house wifi system to allow remote control. Anyhow I managed to get the heaters working again by fitting new batteries to the zone controllers, switching on the 'black box' controller then rebooting the receiver controls for each heater by just switching off for 30 secs then back on. What I can't seem to do is to control the zone temperatures - the controllers have up/down buttons but they don't seem to do anything other than display ambient temperature. Has anybody come across these heaters and, if so, do you know where I can download a copy of the user instructions or any other technical data? Many thanks.

View attachment 35099

View attachment 35100

View attachment 35101

View attachment 35102

Apart from instructions, any installation certificates issued? silly question really I suppose. What was the name of the company that did the install? Roy Rogers and Trigger?

Apart from instructions, any installation certificates issued? silly question really I suppose. What was the name of the company that did the install? Roy Rogers and Trigger?
Yeeha! I believe it was the manufacturer (Xefro) themselves who made good after their sister company (Complete Energy Europe) defaulted on the original sale. But I don't think either company exists any more. The internet forums are awash with customer complaints. My friends have no documentation other than a glossy sales brochure.

A quick Google search reveals that a company called 'complete energy Europe ltd' have scammed a number of people with these xefro heaters, I can't see if they are related to xefro or not.

A quick Google search reveals that a company called 'complete energy Europe ltd' have scammed a number of people with these xefro heaters, I can't see if they are related to xefro or not.
I also read somewhere that the electronic controls were supplied by European Circuits Limited, which seems like a respectable company - I have emailed them to see if they can help.

Blimey - a £4k DEPOSIT? What was the total amount to be paid? Seems like a lot of money for what seems like fairly basic electronics. That twin 13A mains socket is interesting with the 4 fixing screws. What make is it?
Daz

old MK and crabtree socketrs had 4 fixing pins, back in 60's/70's.

Cheers tel. Not seen them.

it's a bugger when you have to change them. needs to be a new k/o box as well.

old MK and crabtree socketrs had 4 fixing pins, back in 60's/70's.
You want to see the rest of the house! Its a bungalow (a large bungalow admittedly) with a 3-phase supply. No consumer unit. Industrial grade cast iron 60A switch fuses for some of the circuits. Not an RCD in sight except for the new heater circuit.

Reply to XEFRO Electric Heaters - Tech Data Required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock