Discuss Xmas greetings ...................... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Seems a few threads are been hijacked by festive spirits here... please post below rather than take a thread off course ... Merry Xmas and a good new year to all! ..... :~)

Anybody still recovering from Black eye Friday?:dizzy:
Our firm usually puts on a free bar and a buffet for us, but sadly this year there wasn’t one.
Not surprising as last year nobody went. That’s because around September 2016, the management had the brilliant idea of stopping 10 o’clock tea breaks on site! Their thinking was if 50+ blokes stop for 15-20 minutes a day this is costing tens of thousands over the course of the year and blaming this on not winning work (of course nothing to do with the fact the office is over staffed!)
This announcement went down like a lead balloon and work place morale was lower than ever! As a revolt the majority of lads refused to work overtime, did not answer work related calls on their personal phones, some even quit and went elsewhere. So the gaffers jobs were made more difficult and they had to dust their tools off and graft on a weekend! As another sign of protest nobody went to the works do, we all met up as usual, just in a different pub.
The 10 o’clock breaks were reinstated around April as the management admitted their removal was counter productive!
Don’t let the B’ st*rds grind you down and stick together.
Merry Christmas everyone!:):):)

... That’s because around September 2016, the management had the brilliant idea of stopping 10 o’clock tea breaks on site! Their thinking was if 50+ blokes stop for 15-20 minutes a day this is costing tens of thousands over the course of the year and blaming this on not winning work .....

Could he not hire people to whip you, so you just worked harder?? No Kev, I don't mean women in kinky leather gear.... That's not very productive....

Our firm usually puts on a free bar and a buffet for us, but sadly this year there wasn’t one.
Not surprising as last year nobody went. That’s because around September 2016, the management had the brilliant idea of stopping 10 o’clock tea breaks on site! Their thinking was if 50+ blokes stop for 15-20 minutes a day this is costing tens of thousands over the course of the year and blaming this on not winning work (of course nothing to do with the fact the office is over staffed!)
This announcement went down like a lead balloon and work place morale was lower than ever! As a revolt the majority of lads refused to work overtime, did not answer work related calls on their personal phones, some even quit and went elsewhere. So the gaffers jobs were made more difficult and they had to dust their tools off and graft on a weekend! As another sign of protest nobody went to the works do, we all met up as usual, just in a different pub.
The 10 o’clock breaks were reinstated around April as the management admitted their removal was counter productive!

I recall the first company I worked for gave a special treat to its staff at Xmas. Owner had a turkey farm, so electricians got a turkey and apprentices got a capon. Not to be sniffed at I suppose.

Lost company I worked for (public sector), you got diddly squat, not even a box of quality street from the big boss. Yo ho ho :D

It was black eyed Friday alright. Got home from the Christmas party. Managed to get up the stairs but as I got into the bedroom, the room was spinning and the bed was going round and round. So I decided to wait until the bed came round again and tried to jump on it. But I missed and clipped the end of the bed head. The almighty thud woke Lady K and I’m not entirely sure who gave me the black eye but I’m going to looking like a panda for a while. You have to look on the bright side though. If I was a atheist, I wouldn’t have a couple of weeks off now.:D
Merry Crimbo every one!

It was black eyed Friday alright. Got home from the Christmas party. Managed to get up the stairs but as I got into the bedroom, the room was spinning and the bed was going round and round. So I decided to wait until the bed came round again and tried to jump on it. But I missed and clipped the end of the bed head. The almighty thud woke Lady K and I’m not entirely sure who gave me the black eye but I’m going to looking like a panda for a while. You have to look on the bright side though. If I was a atheist, I wouldn’t have a couple of weeks off now.:D
Merry Crimbo every one!

One of our chaps did something similar last year, ending up with his Mrs calling ambulance. He woke up, and saw two paramedics starring at him :mad: from the foot of the bed.

This year Mrs has arranged for them to conveniently go away on hols.

Meantime, the pints of Guinness I drunk, are starting to work their magic :toilet:

Could he not hire people to whip you, so you just worked harder?? No Kev, I don't mean women in kinky leather gear.... That's not very productive....
They did employ two electricians (to replace the ones that left), on the books, not agency!
The management were trying to prove that anyone of us could be replaced! That also catastrophically back fired. One of the lads was employed for 3 weeks but only turned in for 3 days (a day each week) and the other bluffed his way through a load of EICRs for a housing association client, obtained expensive materials for his own use via wholesalers on company account (rumour has it was £7000), so was then finished but no one thought to take van off him, so he had about £900 worth of diesel off the company fuel card! The tracker showed he was all over the place!
So once again we had won, the management had to acknowledge the fact that many of us have worked for the firm a long time (some 25years, myself 18 years) and will not be took advantage of.

This thread is nothing to do with me, I had copious amount of mad friday beer in me and I do not recall posting it therefore by logical deduction I can safely conclude 'It wasn't me' :eyes:

Haven't you skyjacked Pete's Merry Festive thread :)
It doesn't matter as long as everyone has a good time, the Kids enjoy themselves, as do the adults, have a good and safe time, hope the Turkey cooks OK, leave the motor in the garage, hope Santa brings what you wanted, although I think my WERA/WIHA advent calendar is a non starter. but hey ho, life is short so just enjoy what you have, and have a drink for me, and Tel, not too much, well just this once.
Ant Bragg best wishes to you and your family, Leccies rule OK.

It doesn't matter as long as everyone has a good time, the Kids enjoy themselves, as do the adults, have a good and safe time, hope the Turkey cooks OK, leave the motor in the garage, hope Santa brings what you wanted, although I think my WERA/WIHA advent calendar is a non starter. but hey ho, life is short so just enjoy what you have, and have a drink for me, and Tel, not too much, well just this once.
Ant Bragg best wishes to you and your family, Leccies rule OK.

I think I have a Yes to all those. By the way, I thought we had a cake feed wid booze, but we haven't. So that bottle of Harvey's Cream, is mine all mine!

You got an upgraded van, pay rise and your piles cleaned with the help of tallow I bet, if you have two black eyes then you must have two bosses........

I got none of the first, nor of the last. Just a load of ---- about leaving my desktop unattended. It was the latest (then) jovial, leg slapping banter at the time. What pee's me orrffhh, is those same bosses , were probably sending honest little love ditties between 'emselves anyway.

Reply to Xmas greetings ...................... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net