Discuss xs training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Reaction score
hi guys anyone used the xs training centre thats advertised here? im going to speak to the college wednesday and to do the nvq 3 with them but it works out alot more! i need it to get my jib card as fully pledged so just need this nvq asap.
or has anyone used a centre they would recommend? cheers

hi guys anyone used the xs training centre thats advertised here? im going to speak to the college wednesday and to do the nvq 3 with them but it works out alot more! i need it to get my jib card as fully pledged so just need this nvq asap.
or has anyone used a centre they would recommend? cheers

Yea im curently doing the NVQ 3 with them,

cant fault them have your assessors home and mobile number so can contact them whenever they use the onefile online system really easy to upload photos and testimonies. I was a domestic spark for 4 years got a new job so decided to get the nvq 3 purely for JIB/ECS cards.

You can pay monthly and its a dam sight cheaper than colleges

How far are you with it? Iv joined and got the induction Tuesday, I'm a domestic spark but looking to get on the bigger sites so need the ecs card, all looks a bit confusing at the moment with the site diary things

started mine last night also, brought a nice big folder home with me, looks daunting but once you get into the swing of things , fly through it ...

600 for am2 tho

Ive not got too far yet collecting lots of evidence just havent submitted much yet, once you get the guide off them and if you use the onefile system there is a point by point break down of every section with example diaries which you are allowed to use as a template. It does seem like a huge amount of work to begin with but once you start you realise you can use certain evidence for several areas. i know a guy who did his diary with 5 jobs they were large installations but use anything and everything ive used jobs ive done in my own house to fill gaps. Just keep photos of everything daft things like wearing PPE and warning signs as its all included.

Once you get started you will begin to knock chunks out of it.

I was lucky to land in my current job and have managed to get lots of the required fields which can be tricky when in the domestic areas, but if you have to do one conduit drop take photos of it as it can collated together to form one job

good luck

Thanks alot, I'll get a camera in the van! Do you just take pictures during and after installation and do you have to be in the photo? That might be hard for me when working alone!

As said above you need to be in some of them showing you we're there doing the jobs, I work alone a lot too and in sensitive areas where I'm not meant to take photos, so I have a few self taken on the phone, if I've taken one of myself always take one of the work from another angle so it's clear it's from the same job at the same time

Reply to xs training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net