Discuss xs training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

ExArmy

-
Reaction score
i still have yet to complete my NVQ and AM2, i'm enrolled on an apprenticeship at my college but they are being a pain in the a*** and not letting me continue unless i am employed. but of a bummer as it's the full NVQ and AM2 all paid for.
I originally got on the scheme as i was employed as a mate, but the company went ---- up and i don't have a job, they said i could continue witing jobs up as long as i was doing the work and i could get an electrician to sign them off for me which was fine.
then after i did 1 job they said to continue i needed to be working in the trade all the time which was fair enough.
then later in the year i went self employed, i tried to get on the bloody NVQ again and get it finished but not allowed, as i was working for myself there was nobody to answer to or confirm the jobs I was doing,
then even later on this year i get a job subbing for a firm, loads of work going and i was flat out. tried to get on it again and this time i was told no because i wasn;t directly employed by the firm, and technically i'd still be my own boss!
and this brings me up to now, and i've seen an ad on the forum for the NVQ done online for £550. if i were to complete this then how much would it cost to put myself through the AM2??

Hi ExArmy,

Unfortunately, the college will not continue to fund you as you are not directly employed. It would be worthwhile if you could get taken on the cards as this will save you the cost of the NVQ and AM2.

The AM2 will set you back about £500 plus vat, but remember, you then have to take 3 days off work to complete this and if you should fail any part of it, you will have to pay the cost of the part that you failed again plus additional time off work etc.

Would be worth speaking to the company you are working for and see if they are willing to take you on as an apprentice, this way you save the associated costs of NVQ and AM2.

Reply to xs training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net