Discuss yesterdays job in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

seemed to be classic case of termimal loosening off, arcing and overheating. didn't seem to be an overload. fitted new 12way dual RCD board, tails, SW.fuse ( as tails were 8meters. ) . all circuits checked out fine. ( imperial stranded 7/029, loverly stuff.)

was 7pm when job finished. forgot to take an after shot. fitted 12 way dual RCD board. now the immersion heater is on it's owm MCB!

think he put a LIM on the type and rating as he didn't kmow a BS number for it.

You should not really put LIM on an EIC, you cannot verify the main fuse which is different to a limitation.
Really the correct term is Not Verified or NV "really".
LIM is only acceptable under BS7671 for a PIR.
You should be able to tell the type of the fuse from the cut out, but not the actual size.

You should not really put LIM on an EIC, you cannot verify the main fuse which is different to a limitation.
Really the correct term is Not Verified or NV "really".
LIM is only acceptable under BS7671 for a PIR.
You should be able to tell the type of the fuse from the cut out, but not the actual size.

Not when there is a cast iron service head that can't be opened. I just noted in comments on exsisting installation can not identify main fuse. I've done my job and covered my backside. I'd rather write a limitation than open a can of worms like the service head

Now isnt that intresting a comment i made about these old boards on another thread exactly the reason they should be replaced and also a possible cause of the overheating of the live terminal could be the deterioration of the contacts combined with an increased load due to more electrical appliances being used than thse used in the days where it had been installed , this one is one where the frame didnt catch fire but many do

You can't open the service head you are correct, however, it is not a LIM it is that it cannot be verified.
Thus NV, LIM is allowed only on a PIR, check the brb and industry guidance.
Your post seems correct it is just the terminology that is inconsistent with the brb 7 accepted industry guidance and thus accepted industry practice.

You can't open the service head you are correct, however, it is not a LIM it is that it cannot be verified.
Thus NV, LIM is allowed only on a PIR, check the brb and industry guidance.
Your post seems correct it is just the terminology that is inconsistent with the brb 7 accepted industry guidance and thus accepted industry practice.

I actually did a PIR aswell so terminology was a mix. Thanks for the heads up there though. Il know for next time. Cheers.

Reply to yesterdays job in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net