Discuss You can't do that now. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

westward10

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I remember in my early days of work having to light a fire under the fuel tank of an old diesel welding set which was probably army surplus to defrost the diesel so it would start, dressed in my mouldy Donkey jacket and boots also from a surplus store. Couldn't do that know. Wouldn't be surprised if my mum still has the Donkey jacket there is often an odd smell when I visit.
What do you remember that you can't do now?

scuff apprentices round the ear when they get it wrong. connect their goolies to a wind-up megger. refer to our black colleagues with the N word, work on site without a silly card that says you've done a 30 minute test on basic H&S., wolf-whistle at the totty, ad nauseam.

When I worked on the railways we had a transit mini bus with bench seats down each side at the back. In the middle of the floor was a big gas bottle connected to 2 gas burners. 1 for the kettle that kept the tea stewing and the other for the huge cast iron frying pan. Full breakfast cooked every morning on the move. Ah memories :D

When I worked on the railways we had a transit mini bus with bench seats down each side at the back. In the middle of the floor was a big gas bottle connected to 2 gas burners. 1 for the kettle that kept the tea stewing and the other for the huge cast iron frying pan. Full breakfast cooked every morning on the move. Ah memories :D

That bring back memories lol.
When I worked on a gas/ oil Pipeline one of dozers had a gas bottle and burner permanently strapped to the back.
The van would go to the local village butchers every morning and come back with the bacon , eggs , sausages , black pudding etc.
We would congregate and cook them on a shovel just cleaned in the sand .
I can honestly say it was supreme. The taste was out of this world.
The company paid for the food, an army marches on it's gut lol.

scuff apprentices round the ear when they get it wrong. connect their goolies to a wind-up megger. refer to our black colleagues with the N word, work on site without a silly card that says you've done a 30 minute test on basic H&S., wolf-whistle at the totty, ad nauseam.
I was listening to an item on the wireless the other day about people wolf whistling at fit looking lasses. Apparently, it's very incorrect these days Tel. Personally I reckon it's just the munters that don't like it, seems OK to me. There was a very funny clip of a young lady (Ms) on East Midlands today doing the rounds a bit ago, she was doing an item on this sort of thing in Nottingham city centre when a couple of lads walked past and shouted "oi! alright darlin", great it was. She didn't seem to impressed for some reason though.......

Reply to You can't do that now. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net