Discuss "you have been quoted" notification by email in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

need some advice how to turn off that function please...

Dan is working on it. It is a function within the part of the forum software which is part of a package (I think) and it can not just be switched off like an MCB, more like an RCD that will take down more circuits. (You understand that, Dan will not have a Scooby Doo) :rofl:

A lot of people are not happy about this but it just needs time to sort out with the host which takes time. Bare with Dan, he is on the case.

So now the forum notification bar is notifying me of a quotation when I quote somebody else ! That's a new one on me.
I have tried marking forum emails as spam but they keep getting through. Would erasing my email from my forum account details work ?

So now the forum notification bar is notifying me of a quotation when I quote somebody else ! That's a new one on me.
I have tried marking forum emails as spam but they keep getting through. Would erasing my email from my forum account details work ?

No Andy, you need an e-mail address on your account.

The forum membership account does require a valid email addy. If you change your email address you'll get sent a verification link to the new address that you have to click on to confirm the changes.

Also if you alter your email address please PM an Admin and let us know because your account will revert to default settings so your following 6 posts will need approving and you won't have Arms access etc until we manually reset those accesses.

I'll have another word with Dan to see if we can get the quoted post emails as optional.

best thing you can do is set your email to send all emails from here to a seperate folder.

last time i bothered to check it had over 20k in there (i have notifications turned off for mail in that folder)

aee717975e9946ba59c5e2ef03c6fc09.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to "you have been quoted" notification by email in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net