Discuss (You have insufficient privileges to reply here in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Diver233

-
Arms
Reaction score
(You have insufficient privileges to reply here)

Just been looking at some older posts and was going to comment, but at the bottom it said

(You have insufficient privileges to reply here).

What is that about?, what privileges is it on about?.

might be the post/s you werelooking at were in arestricted forum. e.g. the arms.

the electricians arms. a virtual pub. restricted to professional sparks, as opposed to DIYers. another is the trainee forujm restricted to trainees and certain mentors.

btw, i have a fire alarm i'm quoting atm. going to go for wireless detectors. considering the time taken and the disruption to customer's business ,wireless is the way forward, imo.

the electricians arms. a virtual pub. restricted to professional sparks, as opposed to DIYers. another is the trainee forujm restricted to trainees and certain mentors.

btw, i have a fire alarm i'm quoting atm. going to go for wireless detectors. considering the time taken and the disruption to customer's business ,wireless is the way forward, imo.

Be wary on the radio gear, some is great some is total crap.
What manufacture you using

Don’t suppose I fit in to any of those category’s lol.

Although qualified, only do limited electrical (99.9%)
fire alarms, not really a trainee although doing the new 2391 quals in May with NIC.
However I am down as the qualified supervisor with ECA does that count :(

If they are old threads they get closed to further replies. Posting on a thread from 2010 for example is probably a waste of time. You can't have viewed any from the Arms as you have no access to it at present anyway. Can you post a link to any of the threads you were looking at.

It is not just you the threads are closed the only people who can post on them are staff members. How are you classed as a DIYer?

That’s what telectrix said :) it’s restricted to non Diyers

No the old threads are just closed nothing more to it no one can post in them. The Electricians Arms is an area restricted to professional electricians so things can be discussed without fear of being overheard, people in the Arms have red banners. Respected Members and Mentors can also access the Arms. Once you have sufficient posts and can prove you are a professional electrician you can ask for access to the Arms.

If you really want to continue and old discussion the best way is to copy the link address from the old thread, then start a new thread and paste in the link together with your follow-up comments. Then it saves people reading through 5 pages of history.

Sometimes recent threads are closed by the request of the OP... or there’s been a duplicate thread started on the same subject by the same OP.

Or the classic reason.... playful banter has developed into insults and near physical threats. Mods come in and close down the thread so personal bickering can be worked out in private messages rather than the public arena.
Good idea, but less fun for the rest of us ;)

Reply to (You have insufficient privileges to reply here in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net