Discuss Your thoughts on XS sponsor 18th edition course in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm looking to pay for the 18th edition course next weekend that XS offers through the forum, this will be my first edition as iv'e just finished level 3 (2365).
Hopefully this will help me be a bit more employable over my other colleagues.

Has anyone sat this course with XS yet and if so what are your thoughts?

I'm looking to pay for the 18th edition course next weekend that XS offers through the forum, this will be my first edition as iv'e just finished level 3 (2365).
Hopefully this will help me be a bit more employable over my other colleagues.

Has anyone sat this course with XS yet and if so what are your thoughts?
What is the cost?

I couldn't comment on the 18th edition course but I used XS Training for my NVQ3 and couldn't rate them highly enough.

I don't work for XS Training or this forum.

I agree that "having the 18th edition" will help you get work.

I couldn't comment on the 18th edition course but I used XS Training for my NVQ3 and couldn't rate them highly enough.

I don't work for XS Training or this forum.

I agree that "having the 18th edition" will help you get work.
I'm looking to start my NVQ3 after this, what was the cost and how long did it take?

It says that it's £240+vat.
Also I was looking for a decent voltage tester if you think you know the perfect one :)
I'd go for the Fluke T150.
I've currently got a T110 but I find the continuity setting is too sensitive - you get a beep and positive continuity when you touch both probes, registering the continuity through your body; I would prefer to know roughly how much continuity is between the probes.
I chose Fluke because I trust the brand - there's no point having a test instrument whose results you can't trust.

I'm looking to start my NVQ3 after this, what was the cost and how long did it take?
Ah. If you don't have enough workplace experience you may not be able to do it with XS because I don't think they do site visits - you do it online and/or over the phone.
I think I paid about £600 and my situation was slightly different because I'd already done some of it with Delta Electrical Training, who folded. Fortunately XS Training were there to pick up the pieces.

The best thing you can do is call them or message them on here. They don't bite.

I doubt it will make you more employable, any decent employer rates experience over a certificate number. I’d stay 17th for a while and save your cash, no one will demanding it anytime soon.
I haven't got any edition at the moment, we was learning 17th edition at college, they said it's worth waiting for the 18th to come out

It says that it's £240+vat.
Also I was looking for a decent voltage tester if you think you know the perfect one :)
a member is selling a fluke T5-600. £70 i think. search forum for thread.

I doubt it will make you more employable, any decent employer rates experience over a certificate number. I’d stay 17th for a while and save your cash, no one will demanding it anytime soon.
True, but if you haven't got any experience an agency will ask you if you're 17th edition, which is what they know. If you say you're 18th edition that is the kind of thing they'll be looking for.

Same as above - I have a Fluke voltage/continuity tester and a Megger MFT, which the company bought but now I've got to grips with is a nice bit of kit.

The benefit of the Fluke voltage testers 'below' the T5 is you can't change the setting so if you put the probes on 230vac it'll let you know whatever.

Fluke every time. The Fluke 1664FC is a joy to use and even hardened Megger friends have been impressed and even made the jump to buying one. Four people I know have done that and it’s their money. The T5-1000 or newer T6-1000 is very popular even with the Megger MFT users. At the end of the day you pay your money and make your choice. Have fun

Reply to Your thoughts on XS sponsor 18th edition course in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock