Discuss ze tt in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mcm

-
Reaction score
Does the ze for a tt system have to be under 200ohms.

Did a reading today and it was 210ohms, the area that the rod is situated is next to a drain. When I got their the drain was over flown.

Would you say that the rod needs moving and replacing due to the position and the 210 reading.

Thanks

From what you've said, yes, move it. Or add another one! theoretical maximum Ze is 1667 Ohms but (in GN3 I think) it states as a guide over 200 is not good.

I'd normally be looking in the tens (17, 27, 54) not the hundreds.

What installation is it?

As above ^^^^^^ Except if your NICEIC they seem to insist on below 100 ohms

We are given a maximum Ze for a 30 m/amp of 1667 ohms for a TT with a recomendation that it be under 200 ohms as you state,
210 ohms is not far off that recomended reading and I would consider that as acceptable
The resistance will vary depending on the weather,time of year,accuracy of test meter and in the end.it is an approximate reading of the resistance, which could well be lower if a earth rod resistance tester were used
Its location may well be a plus factor if the ground is being soaked

Many would accept readings that would be well in excess of your marginal result

I'd consider trying another area and seeing what you get, over flowing drain would of dropped the reading I imagin. Could well be much worse when the area dries out.

That or ensure the drain is always blocked!

Friday afternoon would be ok then, if you worked with us :D

excellent!

A bit later for me here on the Shropshire / Staffs border, about 7:30 pm before the first glug of cancerous poison was imbibed.

Low figures are the aim,but its worth remembering,after every effort with urinating almost neat alcohol as failed (after having a gutsful of the rod and the beer)that the siuppliers earth electrode can be as much as 21 ohms,thats without the installation rod resistance and the earth conductor resistance

Low values and single figures are the exception rather than the norm, and is usually found because of a nearby Pme spike

GN3 states the earth loop test is permitted where there is an rcd, and resistances are relatively high, and precision is not required
Now that,with the other varying factors would encourage me to be content with 210 ohms
Either be content with that or get your drinking buddies to improve the readings :)

Reply to ze tt in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock