Discuss Zs on TT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the point is that there are 3 points.............. one on each of your test leads. also, you need to measure the Zs to ensure that it's below 1667 ohms ( 30mA RCD) or 500ohms (100mA RCD).

Do you understand what I'm saying?

again for the brain impaired.

what is point in zs test on TTsystem , that has 100mA rcd and Ra of 14 ohms

And there was me proudly boasting on another thread that if the 'celt' boys came to England the electrical competency there would be hugely improved .....

Me !:38:, Me no speaky English , me no commit to big can of whoopass !!!!
But having said that , I think I can understand what you trying to say !?

.... you need to measure the Zs to ensure that it's below 1667 ohms ( 30mA RCD) or 500ohms (100mA RCD).

Tel, dont be giving him solutions ....... tease it out a bit longer and make him think! Ooops, what am I saying, hes a "Celt" boy, supposedly electrican finest breed :wink_smile:

all i can say is that they must have a stronger variety of weed in scotland than he's used to the irish stuff. :dupe:

I was going to write a silly answer but I gave up because I couldn't make it as silly as the question. Can you rephrase?

I read it as: Why test Zs on a system where the Ze is much higher than the Zdb? Or maybe: 'Why test Zs when the results are going to be high but not too high.' Either way it's pretty wacky.

This one is a serious contender for 'thread of the week' award, I've had tears rolling down my face whilst reading it.

I assume Mr I=PU is asking why is the Zs relevant if you know the Ra is good enough to meet the required earth impedance on its own without the assistance of parallel paths.

Okay, I'm going to let the English who apparently 'are slow' and allegedly 'on the ale' sort this one out ;)

This one is a serious contender for 'thread of the week' award, I've had tears rolling down my face whilst reading it.

I assume Mr I=PU is asking why is the Zs relevant if you know the Ra is good enough to meet the required earth impedance on its own without the assistance of parallel paths.

Okay, I'm going to let the English who apparently 'are slow' and allegedly 'on the ale' sort this one out ;)

Don't forget that we are all apparently Gay as well ! :shocked3:

Edit; According to another thread at the moment that is !

looks like i`v missed a few good opportunities this evening to have a go..

got called out to a faultfind which turned out to be several neutral-earth faults...

and yep....the RCD was tripping...

it aint now though.....;)

No glen not have a good go, no no no , support what I am saying.

if you have ze of 14 ohms what is the point of doing zs test , as you know your readings are to high for protective device already.

Brains just ain't your friend last two days guys , AAA?

Reply to Zs on TT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net