Discuss zs testing on RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You are testing the earth fault path.you have a earth,you have a supply,why do you want more ?

no trip tests are generally a 3 lead test. that's why he needs a N.

- - - Updated - - -

Real men guestimate. All lighting circuits are 1.12 ohms lol

1.0mm is 2.13333333333333.

no trip tests are generally a 3 lead test. that's why he needs a N.

- - Updated - - -
But thats not what he asked tell
icon12.png

How can you do a zs test at pull switch or switch with no neutral? On an RCD circuit

If he has concerns with the RCD,he can do what is recomended (which he can find in the testing books)

He asked about no neutral
He needs to think on the questions before posting

agreed. i would test at the fitting anyway, with the switch closed.

How can you do a zs test at pull switch or switch with no neutral? On an RCD circuit

you cant if you havent got a 2 wire loop tester.
just take the Zs reading from the nearest light , which clearly will have a neutral.
probably not more than a trillonth of an ohm difference anyway.
;-)

I have megger 1552. I obviously tested all lights but just wanted to test all switches. Didn't no if there was a way of doing no trip on a 2 wire that's all I was asking.

Reply to zs testing on RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I swapped a 2 gang switched socket for a 2 gang switchless socket with usb ports downstairs. I switched off all the power to the house by...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am a homeowner (but not an electrician) and I am renovating a house that has an old CU containing MCBs and an MK LN5725 residual...
Replies
Views
Anyone come across this before? I was asked to do a Zs on a 3ph surge device; L1 was around 6 ohm, L2 & L3 around 0.11. Wired in singles from a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock