Discuss zs testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobby101

hi guys i m doing my select assement for my company soon and i would like 2 ask if when doing an Zs test on a light radial cct would i have to test all (eg, 5 lights) in said cct to determine true reading or is doing said test on one lt acceptable..

If you can visually identify the final light point on the circuit then you could carry out the reading there, if not, take a couple in different areas and compare.

This information would initially be identified when carrying out R1&R2 tests? Are you doing them first?

If it's on an initial verication for a new circuit you would have done your R1 + R2 and so therefore you should be able to indentify the furthest point on the circuit. So if you want to measure the Zs you can do it at that point.

I would though be tempted on an assement to do it by calculation and ask him if you want to confirm it by measurement. Chances are he will say no as he most likely would not want you to live test if you had done it by calculation. Saying that it will depend on the assessor but you should be able to go straight to the furthest point

Reply to zs testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I’m an apprentice and I’m just trying to get a better understanding of the science behind this because the electricians who have said it have...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi Im an apprentice and just wanted to clarify domestic style wiring since i work industrial and don't deal with conventional wiring. in college...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Currently on a 3MW Solar farm job and will soon be coming up to the testing stage of the project. My question is, where do you do your...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock