Search the forum,

Discuss 16mm T+E for Loft Extension, (en- suit shower. ) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Plus Ambient Temperature,, -- Cable ran in a loft, full of insulation,,, Middle of Summer,,, South East coast of England,,, Man, the temperatures are sweltering,,,, gotta be 100 degrees plus...!!!

Personally I would never protect a 6mm on a 50 Amp M.C.B . 40 Amp MAX...!! Over compensation,, I don't trust diversity

Mr Safe,, .

It's got nothing to do with diversity mate. A shower is a single item of current using equipment with a fixed load. No diversity applicable.

This is about the relationship between I[SUB]b[/SUB] and I[SUB]z[/SUB], and in this situation, I[SUB]n[/SUB] doesn't come in to it other than selecting an appropriate method of short circuit protection (I[SUB]a[/SUB]). Think about it :)

Plus Ambient Temperature,, -- Cable ran in a loft, full of insulation,,, Middle of Summer,,, South East coast of England,,, Man, the temperatures are sweltering,,,, gotta be 100 degrees plus...!!!

I said correction factors allowing.

Last edited:
anyway why the hell would you have 16in and out anyway?

even if its smothered then you can get away with 16mm+ to pull cord then 10mm to shower.

besides clamp the shower and I doubt it will pull rated current.

most people never had shower on max setting and it would take a long time for cable to heat up if it was undersized.

when people used to bypass there meters do you think they used 16/25mm of course they would probanly use flex or 2.5 or something easy to get

I'd put a mixer in for the shower ............save getting mixed up with the cable sizes. Either that or it'd be bleedin' tight in that pull switch.:smile5:

Personally I would never protect a 6mm on a 50 Amp M.C.B . 40 Amp MAX...!! Over compensation,, I don't trust diversity

Mr Safe,, .

Diversity is irrelevant to the point!

The question is why would you not protect a 6mm with a 50A mcb if the rating factors permit for the Ib?

You are not coming across as being mr safe here, all you appear to be doing is wasting your customers money on unnecessarily oversized cables.

Listen, bud,, I'd Rather Do a full Install on a property.. safe in the knowledge that every cable is more than sufficient for the job in hand..... You can't fault me for that,,, I will include the plans for the job the next message. (proper estate agent drawings.....)... Heck,, I've installed many a dual consumer unit,,, one for lighting,, one for everything else,,, 4 R.C.D's in total,,, Big Houses down here in Kent,,, not a 2 up 2 down property...!!.. Please don't patronise me,,

Listen, bud,, I'd Rather Do a full Install on a property.. safe in the knowledge that every cable is more than sufficient for the job in hand..... You can't fault me for that,,, I will include the plans for the job the next message. (proper estate agent drawings.....)... Heck,, I've installed many a dual consumer unit,,, one for lighting,, one for everything else,,, 4 R.C.D's in total,,, Big Houses down here in Kent,,, not a 2 up 2 down property...!!.. Please don't patronise me,,

Who was that directed at? Me or Dave? I'm not being patronising, I hope :)

safe in the knowledge that every cable is more than sufficient for the job in hand

Shower pulls 45A, cable is good for 47A. Ergo sum: cable is more than sufficient for the job in hand :)

Reply to 16mm T+E for Loft Extension, (en- suit shower. ) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock