Search the forum,

Discuss 3A fuse for bathroom fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can't see the attraction of a combined isolator, fuse and light switch. The only thing I want 1200mm off the floor inside the door of my bathroom are the switches I'm likely to need when I use the room for one or more of its intended purposes. These are typically a two or three switches for lights, possibly a separate switch for an extractor fan (with neon), if the room has an opening window, and maybe switches for a towel rail and UFH.
The isolator for the fan, and for anything else that needs an isolator can go high up outside the door, where they don't detract from the decor of the bathroom.
My own preference for a fan isolator/fuse, is to use a DP isolator and fuse, and feed the main light of the bathroom through it, as well as the fan, to discourage people (especially tenants), from turning the fan off and leaving it off.

It's a decent idea, but I just don't think people will want that on their wall. I see how it benefits the electrician, but at the detriment to the end user.
I don't see it as detrimental to the user, it gives them greater control. We're underestimating the intelligence of the user if we're saying that they don't understand when and how they should use a bathroom fan. And for the small minority that don't understand, they are as likely as not to have permanently switched the fan off, rather than leaving it permanently on, when they discover the deliberately placed 'out of reach' fan switch.

Reply to 3A fuse for bathroom fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock