Currently reading:
40A Isolator MetalClad or ABS

Discuss 40A Isolator MetalClad or ABS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
I am wanting to purchase a Metal Clad or ABS 40A RCD/MCB isolator to feed a 40 Tube Sun bed, not quite sure whether to get just the 40A RCB or get a 63A RCB with a 40A MCB , something on the lines as per pics shown, I need it to be as small a foot print has possible.

cheers

Spike
ae235.jpg
Contactum 40A Shower Unit.jpg

The instructions tell you what supply is required
Also what protection to fit.

You seem intent doing it the way you want to.
You will not find someone here to back up your incorrect design.

I am unsure what further advice can be given.
Yes understand that, will get a 100mA if I can find one, can't see it been a risk using a 30mA , other than it will keep tripping if the leakage is as they say, read on this same forum posts fro 2018, where Electrcians are saying they put in 30mA RCD's and they have never had a problem with them tripping will feel better if 30mA will run ok , if not then will have to buy another RCD 100mA, prepared to do that .

Yes understand that, will get a 100mA if I can find one, can't see it been a risk using a 30mA , other than it will keep tripping if the leakage is as they say, read on this same forum posts fro 2018, where Electrcians are saying they put in 30mA RCD's and they have never had a problem with them tripping will feel better if 30mA will run ok , if not then will have to buy another RCD 100mA, prepared to do that .
S

The instructions tell you what supply is required
Also what protection to fit.

You seem intent doing it the way you want to.
You will not find someone here to back up your incorrect design.

I am unsure what further advice can be given.
So can you tell me what should be fitted, supply to the RCD will be via 25mm2 tails fed from the Main fuse board ( Not the DNO board they have 100A ) via a 80A fuse ! .

Find 2 local electricians
Give them each a copy of the installation instructions
Let them survey the site and quote accordingly

Ensure they understand that an installation certificate will be required for your liability insurance.

Ensure they understand that an installation certificate will be required for your liability insurance.
There is no
installation instructions

Why, it is not a commercial venture

You sat this site is TT so is there not already rcd fault protection in place. Why use an 80A fuse at the main board to feed another board when you could just fit the correct size of fuse at the main board.

You sat this site is TT so is there not already rcd fault protection in place. Why use an 80A fuse at the main board to feed another board when you could just fit the correct size of fuse at the main board.

Can't change them fuses at the moment, they have asbestos behind them, the whole board is going to be changed sometime this year ( NO not me ) it is quite old, and I doubt you will be able to buy any for that box now , yes there is a 3 phase 80A RCD with delay feeding the house and the farm, it is easier for me or a Electrcian just to put another unit from that fuse and it will give me a couple of more MCB's to fit at a later date if needed ! ( each phase has its own meter )

We had trouble awhile back with the main 3 Phase RCD tripping , then it was very difficult to locate the fault, now the House is on its own RCD and the Farm is split with a further 2 RCD's , the 8 way fuse box near the main fuse box is full, so it makes sence to have some spare ways to use at a later date !.

Spike

After reading this I am 100% certain you are not competent enough to do this job. Its time to call in a competent electrician. You haven't got a clue about any of the equipment your talking about, your asking incredibly basic questions, the terminology your using doesn't make any sense and personally i think your taking a massive risk doing this work yourself. Someone will be inside this, don't undermine their safety to save yourself a few quid.

Reply to 40A Isolator MetalClad or ABS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back