Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone Worked on or been to see ABBA Voyage? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lou

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Reaction score
I went to see ABBA Voyage recently and the show was just mind blowing, staging, lighting, sound - just everything!

I was talking about it last night and it got me thinking, have any of our members been involved in construction of the epic show, or currently working there? Or have you worked on any other stage shows? Do you do it full time? I love theatre so would love to know if anyone works on the shows!

It was unlike anything I had ever seen before!

abba voyage.jpg

Last edited:
I've not worked on that one but have worked on many other shows.

The majority of my work is in west end theatres, either doing electrical installation and maintenance for the theatre or actually working on getting the shows in/out of the theatres.

Never mind that..... has anyone worked on the A/C at the new co-op live arena in manchester? :rolleyes: ;)

Not a music venue, but i worked on the baggage handling conveyor system at heathrow terminal 5 when it was being built..... and of course, it didnt work straight away when it opened... It was MY spanner in the works!

(Not really... All i was doing was metal munching and cable laying)

The lazer part of it, if that's what it is that creates the imaging, must be crazy!

I've not worked on that one but have worked on many other shows.

The majority of my work is in west end theatres, either doing electrical installation and maintenance for the theatre or actually working on getting the shows in/out of the theatres.
Sounds awesome! I'm going to see starlight express later on in the year! Cant wait, I think the theatre has been adapted for the track around the seats.

Littlespark I once had a bag go missing for 4 months and it turned up in the states in a city I haven't visited!!

Ive been twice and its excellent .From what Ive learnt its the "cooling" of the equipment that sometimes cause slight glitches . Ones thing for sure...Its a very well organised event

Sounds awesome! I'm going to see starlight express later on in the year! Cant wait, I think the theatre has been adapted for the track around the seats.

Yeah, that's still being fitted up at the moment, there's a lot of work going on for that one, I know a couple of people working on it

This is one for @Rockingit but I don’t think he was involved in this particular show.
No, which is a shame as I’m interested in seeing it from a professional viewpoint. Although weirdly about twenty years ago I teamed up with a Hollywood effects company to conceptualise something for a project to do with Gerry Andersen that would have used very similar methods.

No, which is a shame as I’m interested in seeing it from a professional viewpoint. Although weirdly about twenty years ago I teamed up with a Hollywood effects company to conceptualise something for a project to do with Gerry Andersen that would have used very similar methods.
Like a new thunderbirds with holograms instead of puppets?

Reply to Anyone Worked on or been to see ABBA Voyage? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back