Search the forum,

Discuss Approved Contractor certificates- which to use? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there, have only checked a couple BSENs on here before so hopefully this is in the right section.

Checking back through my companies previous certificates, we seem to have a real mismatch of codes, my main interest is the difference between a DCN5 (Domestic electrical installation) and a DPN5 (Domestic electrical condition report).

Currently a typical site for us to test is a small council flat thats had a new distribution board fitted, as well as a new bathroom (inc. electric shower). Should the forms that get filled out be either one of these? is there any sort of preference? The only difference I can really see is that the condition report has an extra 3 pages and seems alot more in depth, but this is the first time i've ever seen the DPN5's

My supervisor seems a little inept in telling the difference, we've only just gone through a pad of DPM2's which aren't even for approved contractors so Im not very confident in taking his answer. I just want to be sure we are using/ordering the right sets each time.

Many thanks

Not sure of your form numbers, presumably from NICEIC, but if you are inspecting and testing a new electrical installation you use a domestic Electrical installation Certificate and if your are testing and inspecting an existing installation you use a Domestic Electrical Installation Condition Report (that came in and replaced the Periodic Inspection report in January)

Ah ok, thanks. They are wired in old colours, its just a new board so condition report it is. Cheers

What exactly are you certifying though???

Has your company just fitted this new CU & shower circuit??? or are you just carrying out EICR's on council properties???

If your company installed the new equipment and you are verifying that the installation meets BS7671 then you should use the electrical installation certificate.
If you have been asked to assess the dwelling electrical wiring for safety irrespective of the new consumer unit and shower (which must have had an electrical installation certificate issued on installation) then you would use the Electrical installation condition report.

Reply to Approved Contractor certificates- which to use? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock