Search the forum,

Discuss British gas smart meter no power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have had the same and again BG were atrocious in terms of customer support. They said they would come out within ten working days i.e. a couple of weeks. I had established that there was voltage/live to the meter and not beyond but of course they would not accept a qualified electricians statement and required their own proof. This happened when the cut-out was changed and power removed from the smart meter. Now I know if you look through threads that it is tin foil hat theory that there is an auto switch that turns off when tampering with the cut-out/supply to meter this happened in this case. I called the DNO instead and said there is no supply to the property and cunningly got them to deal with BG. BG reiterated two weeks to replace meter. Result??? observe and wonder!View attachment 48665
Cool, bypass the "stupid" meter and tape the tails together...... ;o))))

Tomorrow I will reveal what is under the tape you see if you behave it is something only experienced electricians use in a situation such as by passing supplies you have probably never seen anything like it. And @SWD it is not cardboard you silly sausage.:cool:
connector.jpg

Reply to British gas smart meter no power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back