• Thread starter Geordie Spark
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 5K

Currently reading:
Bye Bye .... I'm gone!

Discuss Bye Bye .... I'm gone! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Geordie Spark

After struggling with Capcha to make a post after three attempts it threw me back to a blank screen which locked up and I had to restart the browser and reload the forum.

I haven't got the patience any more for all this farting about so I'm gone.

It's been nice knowing you but I'm abandoning ship and taking to the lifeboat. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Don't go, Don't Go.

Oh well Gowon then.

(Goes off to practice with Capcha)

Strange, Capcha is not coming up for me now.

When it did, going to advanced edit seemed better.

Geordie don't leave mate, the site really won't be the same if you do, you know I like a good joke and banter which is what I'm guaranteed with you.
Speak to the mods or admin to get it sorted please.

I go advanced too before editing, it sometimes asks but doesn't lose it....

Your a well respected regular so be a shame to lose you ...:/

I thought the problems with this site had been sorted (I don't mean the Electrical Trainee) but on an ipad it is painfully slow to load and screen jumps up for no reason. Any ideas whats wrong?

Can I suggest, scanning your computer before going, as I am sure this will help. I am not talking about anti virus, but little nasties call Malware. Please try following and choose free version....you maybe surprised how many nasties it picks up, working along with my AGV anti virus, this has saved our backsides a few times.http://www.malwarebytes.org/

odd.i keep hearing of all these problems with the site, yet I've had none. I primarily use tapatalk and all works perfect, even uploading images.
I used my pc yesterday to access the site, and it worked perfectly.
Strange

I thought the problems with this site had been sorted (I don't mean the Electrical Trainee) but on an ipad it is painfully slow to load and screen jumps up for no reason. Any ideas whats wrong?

Ive had the same problems on my phone and iPad, slow to load then the screen jumps when you click a thread and opens the wrong one. Even tapatalk on the phone hangs sometimes. Only happened since the board was down

mine's working better than before. only had about 5 of them gotchas i the last week. still, they say the sun shines on the righteous. lol.

i have had no problems with the site apart from original, no access issues, so I can only think this is down to individual members computers

Geordie don't leave mate, the site really won't be the same if you do, you know I like a good joke and banter which is what I'm guaranteed with you.
Speak to the mods or admin to get it sorted please.
It would need to be by PM, if he posts for help it will get edited

i have had no problems with the site apart from original, no access issues, so I can only think this is down to individual members computers

Works fine on my desktop and laptop, unusable on my phone and glitchy on the iPad. Like i say they were all fine before the boards problems and i have no problems with any other sites but this one

I've made a request for Dan to see if he can knock the security down a notch. I'm holding thumbs hoping he can.

well the Malware is free, and as me, you may just get a shock how many little nasties, this software finds hidden and cures in your computer. Certainly worth a try.

well the Malware is free, and as me, you may just get a shock how many little nasties, this software finds hidden and cures in your computer. Certainly worth a try.

i run it every few days. catches a lot.

Ive had iMacs for about 6 years now and never had an anti virus or malware program installed in all that time. There probably is malware out there that will affect OSX and iOS but supposedly no virus out there, ill take my chances!
there are viruses out there but.

the reason why mac/linux is more secure is simple.

mac/linux is more secure by nature with its access controls so it is hard for a virus to gain permision to do anything.

Cheers Tazz I've just downloaded it myself and am running it as we speak, so we will what it finds.

Yup he is one of the very best, a real character and a real electrician, well plumbtrician :grin: Like eng54 one of the top guys here.

You can say that again!!!! He is the funniest bloke on the planet and we have been taking the pi$$ out of one another all afternoon.

:smilewinkgrin::59:

malwarebytes has served me well for nearly 10 years.

ive used dr webs cure it a lot when others fails as well or people dont want to install the anti virus.

mcafee - sh! t
norton - not bad but still sh! t

the fact these are worse than Microsofts securiry essential's that is free says it all and microsoft is well known for poor security

I am a bit wary on what i install....so have stuck to AGV full licence for years, and Malware running side by side. The 2 tend to crack all the problems, with online support from AGV

Is it better than superantispyware? Should I remove it and download the malware one?

It's just found some nasties on my laptop and it's only a week old, so I will be running it on a regular basis

Reply to Bye Bye .... I'm gone! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock