Currently reading:
catenary wire heights on bungalows

Discuss catenary wire heights on bungalows in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Putting together plans for a job in few weeks. Will need to run a new catenary
wire over to the garage from bungalow, length approximately 6m.
Was a previous wire in place before the old supply was removed. it is now sagging and not fit for purpose.
Cable will cross over edge of lawn and wont cross above any parking area or be likely to be hit by anything.
Whats the minimum height cables should be suspended? all the references in the various books give a minimum height of 3.5m I can not achieve due to it being a small bungalow, cable exit poitn from house and fuseboard is a small pantry type room, highest point I can reach here is 2.65m
Digging and burying an SWA is not possible due to ground conditions and property being used by a care company to look after a disabled resident. most of garden is concrete or paved and very smooth and flat. told it cant come up due to wheelchair use etc..

Do I just record it as a departure on the certificate?

Don't followthat. Surely a filed down polarised plug is the same as a non polarised plug, and there are still plenty of those about, iphone chargers come to mind. Are you saying tamper proof receptacles would not accept them?
They work like a normal receptacle and the reason for tamper proof is mainly is because children are curious and stick things in the receptacles so unless both prongs are inserted it will not have no power on it

Get one of those rubber strips that you run across an office floor to contain cables.
And if its for a wheelchair user.... it doubles as a speedbump.

:eek:Noooo..... you can't say that!!!!!
Hey I’m using a power chair and face worse things than that! Some dropped kerbs, many shop entrances, etc. My wife will say I probably need a speed bump, I’m still trying to wheelie the damn thing !

Reply to catenary wire heights on bungalows in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back