Search the forum,

Discuss Conned.. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I simply don't believe in SEO - its a waste of money. Most people who find me via a search engine do so because they are looking for a VERY local trades person.

Personally I would suggest that you spend the money advertising elsewhere, If you think about it, if it were as easy as paying a company to sort it and you're at the top, then everyone would be at it. Of the companies which do pay they are only on page one, not at the top. Someone else pays another company then yours gets edged out. Then another edges them out, then you move up a couple etc etc and on it goes.

search "electrician durham"

i rank in google business 3rd from top
i rank in free index 3rd from bottom

i also bring up durham registered traders scheme half way down, click that and it links to a search of the council datatbase of approved and registered companies!!

never paid for SEO YET!!!

So about 2 months ago now i rang a company up, who offered to get me first page on google for £300 + VAT, so i paid them the money and then thats it.. Im not on google they do answer calls but they just keep saying you will be on at the end of the week.. Then nothing so i ring again.. Sorry were having issues were hoping end of this week.. Then ring again like i said were having issues end of this week should be.. and goes on and on like this..

Have i been officially conned?

What can i do now? Can i tell them to give me my money back and if they say no.. What then? Can i go to the police? - THey sent an invoice and everything.. Absolute SEO | Professional Search Engine Optimisation

Thats the website i used.. I spoke to a mate of mine who does SEO.. He said that he charges £400 for a website and £200 / MONTH to get me top 3 on google.. is that the going rate?

Also finally do you get alot of work through google? I Know i got 35 quid for free on add words, used that an then got a re-wire from it.. But that was all (Although it paid for the £35 lol).. \

Cheers

"Hello axel132132",

IF You paid for this with a Credit Card You can try and claim back the Money from your Card Provider under: Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

This applies if you use a Credit Card for `Goods or Services` and you do NOT receive what you paid for or the Goods or Services are `Faulty`.

In a case where You can PROVE this your Credit Card Provider is `Jointly Responsible` to ensure that you do receive exactly what you paid for - If not they are liable to Refund your Money / Deduct the Payment from your Credit Card Account.

There are MANY websites that have the details about `Section 7 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974` - but here is a Link to one of them:

Section 75 refunds: Free protection for ALL spending...

IF You did pay with a Credit Card [?] - I hope that this will be helpful to You - unfortunately this aspect of `Consumer Protection` does NOT apply to Debit Cards.

Regards,

Chris

I'm on first page second sparky, not paid anyone a bean.
SEO at basic level is done by the web site designer when the pages are being built.
Otherwise its google ads and all that malarky.
Few other tricks but nothing mysterious or costly.
Its all on Google funnily enough and its very very simple, how an industry got born out of it does make me wonder.

It depends on competition really. Durham would be easy while London would be hard to achieve. no one can guarantee first page listing on google. quite often you spend the coin for you to be put on google adwords to get on first page.

Cornish small man.

If you give me your credit card details i can get you entry into the 3000post+ members club ;) ......

If you paid by phone or online id be having a word with your bank to stop them taking any more money from you but as the jist of this thread goes i would agree that you've been had

So back on this topic now lol, ive just contacted a company and explained that ive been conned before etc they want 150 a month to make me on 1st page of google, top 3 and top 3 of places.. They will create me a website, and do all SEO on said site for that 150 / Month.

He also gave me 3 company names that he got to the top of google, and gave me there contact details to contact them and it all matches up from there site etc..

If i was to do this (Not too sure atm), if i pay on credit card does that mean then if im conned again! i can claim it back?

Cheers

if it was that easy then you could pay them the same every month and you would be top of the list with you getting all the work mmmmm i dont think so say after me if its too good to be true...........................................

So back on this topic now lol, ive just contacted a company and explained that ive been conned before etc they want 150 a month to make me on 1st page of google, top 3 and top 3 of places.. They will create me a website, and do all SEO on said site for that 150 / Month.

He also gave me 3 company names that he got to the top of google, and gave me there contact details to contact them and it all matches up from there site etc..

If i was to do this (Not too sure atm), if i pay on credit card does that mean then if im conned again! i can claim it back?

Cheers

Give it a go. There's always a chance of 'third time lucky' when it goes down the pan again.

Last edited:

Cheers

have you lost the plot ??
after being ripped off already you now want to enter into a contract with another outfit that will cost you £150 a month ???
why not hire an airplane to tow a banner with your company logo over your home town , will be better value :-/

Reply to Conned.. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back