Search the forum,

Discuss Diy extension lead 2.5mm twin &earth? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Old boy John Wayne took my horse that's real cowboy. Thanks for all you're sensible suggestions. Decided to just use wife's stocking with sockets on both ends and take notice of members of homeownershub forums who seem to be more helpful rather then criticise now have extension and it hasn't set fire yet
"Yet" being the opperative word. Home owners hub may seem more helpful, but how sure can you be that the info given by said Forum is the correct information?
On a personal note I have given what I consider good electrical advice and information, if you choose to ignore that advice then the onus is on you, you must have realised by now that the advice you have been given, in most parts has been given in good faith, so by all means take advice from others, but be assured that any advice I have given has been correct and unbiased, I wish you luck, and please don't trip over that dodgy extention lead you intend to install.

Gone from home made extension lead to clipped direct possibly becoming radial or spur from existing circuit?? It might work but isnt kosher under the regs.
Got to agree with you there the installation method has now changed to a fixed installation.

I'm just gutted no one has answered my question in post #40.. :sob:

Reply to Diy extension lead 2.5mm twin &earth? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey, I have a shed in my garden that was built and wired up by my granddad a lonnng time ago and it currently uses 2 core/twin and earth cable...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
I am looking for advice on getting an upgraded 25 meter extension cable from my office into my car park to charge my EV from an IP66 rated socket...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a house. I am rewiring myself. I am getting an electrician to install a new consumer unit & test all my work. I'm looking...
Replies
Views
My tumble dryer broke, an electrician put a new and stronger capacitor in, couple months later I realised that the socket on the extension lead...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock