Currently reading:
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

The two deep fat fryers ? in a domestic kitchen, add in the 3 electric showers 2 upstairs, one in the shower block of the pool, the water heater in the pool, the fans and pumps in the pool and a full electric cooker and you have a little more than 60 amps ?
012 (2).jpg

house of horrors phase two (80).jpg
oh and I forgot the bar outside as well
200 amps at a rough guess

I cant say too much about this one as its liable to go to court
march 2016 076.jpgplumber had fitted another C/U from the existing, but had removed the meter cabinet to drop the cable to the shower into the cavity ?? then forgotten to reconnect the main earth
the whole thing was nasty
no CPC on the lighting circuit ( pre66) and metal fittings and switchplates everywhere
grommets absent on tails

march 2016 070.jpg
DNOs earth pulled away from cable ??

march 2016 071.jpg
march 2016 074.jpg
lovely bit of termination aint it !!!
march 2016 080.jpg
cold water feed to shower, missing cover and water flowed down into the terminals ?
oh and the shower switch was inside the shower as well

Heres a nice one
doing a favour for the family, I went to look at a house a young couple had bought, when I opened up the C/U all of these beads fell out, the main tails inside the C/U were melted due to polymer migration and high temperature
the origional cables had been dropped down in the wall cavity
as well as this metal light switches and fittings and no CPC and some amazine other bodges by barry the big mouthed know it all builder

017 (3).jpg
where the new cables passed through a wall, the muppet had covered the big hole with a tin of PU foam and filler ?

020 (2).jpg

024 (2).jpg
There was an SWA in the garage, but no evidence of it inside the house, or a termination into PVC, until I lifted the floor and found this wonderful job

022 (2).jpg
the C/U when removed showing damage to bus bars insulation
025 (2).jpg

027 (2).jpg
the C/u in the garage with the SWA nicely terminated
why me ??

028.jpg

Went to a commercial job, large equestrian building open to the public, owner decides on change of use, and adds a new door, now the sensible thing would have been to consult me first to relocate the fire alarm cables, no he cut them and joints them like this, and straight up baulked when I quoted 300 pounds to remove the entire section of cables and run new sections correctly
he also wanted me to install caravan supplies onto a wonky old fence ??and a few other jobs
I was polite but said dont waste my time

001 (2).jpg003 (2).jpg004 (2).jpg

Lovely eh ?
supply cable to an outbuilding
in this case the client had called a builder in to convert the garage into a bathroom and utility room
his muppets fitted a new C/U even wrote out a ticket, but failed to test or inspect the existing circuits
then the problems started trippingout when it rained
and of course our team could not be located
I had to get the DNO to supply a new earth to the property as the muppets had failed to test it ( made the readings up)
replace the external supply, several lights and sort out the new bathroom

042.jpg

Lovely word - Gombeen ! Bet Mr. O Connell wasn't happy eh :) Daz
ha ha
no
oddly enough he told me that as he was in possesion of an electrical certificate then it was safe
I pointed out that a car with a bent MOT was not safe ?
in fact I nearly told him to go and boil his head, I dont need that hassle at my age
the DNO engineer put him right
by the way Gombeen comes from an old poem the Gombeen man
I relishy using the english language to its full potential, so much better than swearing, recently I suggested a rather shoddy tradesmen should avail himself of a frontal lobotomy !!

Hi, Stevie here. I posted a new thread as I didn't see this - here's the consumer unit(s) I bumped into for a 1 bedroom flat which you can access by simply climbing up through a 700mm square hatch and crawling along the top of the 600mm suspended ceiling for about 10ft
image3(1).jpg
image2(1).jpg

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back