Currently reading:
EICR Change of occupancy

Discuss EICR Change of occupancy in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is possible for tenants to meddle with the electrics, but generally tenancy agreements prohibit this, and anyway it would become apparent with the periodic inspections that landlords make during the tenancy.
I think this is the key point, that the landlord can check to see if anything looks molested and then get a proper inspection if there are any doubts.

I suspect it is far more likely that a tenant would fiddle with electrics than gas! But also more likely it is simple damage to accessories.

If that's neccessary at change of tennancy then so is a Gas Safety check, general plumbing check, full structural survey of the building, including gardens, paths, driveways.
Analysis of potential bacteria in the carpet and plenty more things that MAY be hazardous or a danger to a new tennant.
This response made me laugh, people forget that buildings stand for years without any issues, and that GAS safety is done yearly, whereas something equally as deadly as electrics can potentially be left unchecked for 5 years. I work for regional authority and we ask for EICR's at change of tenant, as tenants are not always nice enough to clean the property or leave electrical accessories intact or even in place.

I used to do a lot of testing for local authority houses and orbit houses. They both always had a PIR (back then) upon a change of tenant! For those exact reasons. I've been to some that had been totally stripped of everything worth anything. One we did they had took the boiler, radiators, copper pipe, immersion tank, header tank all the doors, sockets, switches, light fittings and consumer unit. All the wires were cut off most too short to join or refit to an accessory!
Great fun!!
Sy

Reply to EICR Change of occupancy in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock