Search the forum,

Discuss how many of you have left elecsa or niceic for cheaper alternative in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

crow11

-
Reaction score
as above, just had letter through from elecsa to renew at a cost of £444, out of every job i have done this year 99% of them didn't even know what part p was and wasn't bothered, the other 1% didn't care less who i was with as long as i could register the job, so now i get to thinking do i just go with the cheapest and save some money, i know this topic as been discussed before but just after any advice from people who have actually changed to the cheaper option and was it worth it cheers

I've heard tales that peeps have been left stung by the cheaper scams as after enjoying a nice cheap first year their renewal cost for the second is just as much as the others!

Member Ex Army is with Stroma which I recall being £250 + VAT per year

It was him I was referring to!! I'm sure I remember him posting about his second year going up to the £400 area.

NAPIT are £360 for the year.
For the first year, there is an extra £216 charge, but if you are already with another Body, they will deduct that.
However, they are the strictest on qualifications etc (which is no bad thing), so the 'less able' may not meet their requirements.

Crow 11 im in exactly the same boat. To be honest im debating joining any, as you say out of every domestic job iv done this year, only 1 has asked about a part p cert.

Crow 11 im in exactly the same boat. To be honest im debating joining any, as you say out of every domestic job iv done this year, only 1 has asked about a part p cert.

I can vaguely remember a householder asking about an installation certificate,it was such a rare occasion that I ought really to remember the occasion
icon11.png

As for a part p certificate
icon13.png
I assume you mean the piece of paper they are sent saying a job has been notified
That one I can honestly say has never been requested by anybody in my experience,that's assuming they are the rare breed who may by some remote possibility have any idea what it is in the first instance
icon7.png

I read responses like this and to be honest I think some of you are simply trying to justify breaking Part P.

I simply don't mention it unless its asked about BUT I always register the work and provide the necessary documents.

Plus round here, the legal professional have really got their teeth into this - so if you sell or buy a house the questions are raised and checks are made. This provides me with the occassional EICR and more often or not the remedial work. What makes me laugh is that any "saving" the homeowner may have got in the first place, is flushed down the toilet!

I left NICEIC when the inspector confessed he didn't know what regulations covered the work i was doing, and as the majority of my work is machinery and control i was telling him why my set-up complied... he even pulled me on the fact that my overload protective device for the final circuit to my panel overated my swa ccc ... and although he was aware i have used a specific regulation to allow the omitting of O/L protection he couldn't say if i had utilised the regulation correctly as he didn't understand the panel i had built ..... it makes me smile sometimes when the guy inspecting you knows less than yourself.... i asked if anyone else could assist but they said most of my work is out of their scope so goodbuy membership.

Reply to how many of you have left elecsa or niceic for cheaper alternative in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back