Search the forum,

Discuss How Sad Young Douchebags Took Over Modern Britain in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have been saying similar things for years, this guy just sums up the modern British male just about as well as anybody can!

This article is probably the best piece of writing I have read in years and this quote just sums it up!

" But while it's easy to scorn the banality – and the vanity – of the modern British douchebag, they're only products of their environment. An environment that has very little to offer them any more, other than gym memberships, intentionally ripped clothes, alcohol and creatine. The institutions that gave British men a sense of wellbeing have been ripped apart. Nobody trusts the police any more; nobody wants to join the army because no one believes in its wars; traditional industries have been decimated and the only thing to replace them are stifling, mind-numbing positions in service and retail.

Because of this, British men have tried to reimagine masculinity, in a hyper-realised, childish, desperate way. A new kind of machismo, built on fake bravado and vanity. Of course, not every young male in Britain today is an internet drug huffing pick-up artist – not even every young British douchebag is – but a significant number of them are looking up to faux-hawked, peacocking, rich maniacs like Mario Balotelli for inspiration, because they really have nowhere else to look. Their bosses hate themselves and their dads hate them."

Have a read below:

How Sad Young Douchebags Took Over Modern Britain | VICE

I have been saying similar things for years, this guy just sums up the modern British male just about as well as anybody can!

This article is probably the best piece of writing I have read in years and this quote just sums it up!

" But while it's easy to scorn the banality – and the vanity – of the modern British douchebag, they're only products of their environment. An environment that has very little to offer them any more, other than gym memberships, intentionally ripped clothes, alcohol and creatine. The institutions that gave British men a sense of wellbeing have been ripped apart. Nobody trusts the police any more; nobody wants to join the army because no one believes in its wars; traditional industries have been decimated and the only thing to replace them are stifling, mind-numbing positions in service and retail.

Because of this, British men have tried to reimagine masculinity, in a hyper-realised, childish, desperate way. A new kind of machismo, built on fake bravado and vanity. Of course, not every young male in Britain today is an internet drug huffing pick-up artist – not even every young British douchebag is – but a significant number of them are looking up to faux-hawked, peacocking, rich maniacs like Mario Balotelli for inspiration, because they really have nowhere else to look. Their bosses hate themselves and their dads hate them."

Have a read below:

How Sad Young Douchebags Took Over Modern Britain | VICE

Sadly you are absolutely correct mate, you only have to look at the 16 17 year old male with cargo pants being held up by the hands in the pockets, manners gone out the window, I worked with a couple of 20 year old's at work last week, (a government employer) they were helping me pack some equipment, not rocket science you say, well they made such a balls up I told them to foxtrot oscar, it seems if they haven't got some sort of mobile,--- tablet stuck to their face they don't want to know. I despair at the workforce, especially ours having to put up with some preening gimp, winging on about this and that, Mario Balotelli, what about the British soccer stars? £1000s per week bloody ludicrous, for chasing a bag of wind around, oh don't talk to me about when they fall over and bash their shin, Jesus, makes you wonder what they would do if they smashed it with a 2ld lum hammer, I could go on but for everyone's sanity I wont, youngsters aren't all dipsticks there are some decent ones, rant over going to get the "Cotes du Rhone" out now and chill.

a good article , clearly written by someone whom is only in his 20's himself , but has taken a good look at his peers and decided their idiots.

im so glad i was a yoof in the 80's , boundaries were really broken back then , but everyone had a great time without walking round like a meathead with naff tatts & 2 rabid staffies.

the inevitable product of modern culture.........

Never a truer word spoken about superficial fuds like the described.
last time I was at the football there was 4 lads about 23-24 in front of me.
Tight chinos ,joey Essex hair, a light coating of creosote crap tribal tattoos and shirts unbuttoned to the navel.......and no socks!!
don Johnson might have got away being sock less in the 80s in Miami vice just.
it is not a look for Scotland. All these muppets watch townie and all that Pish and think that's what life is all about.
though if I had no visible job and swan about in a range rover ,going to parties all day ,sniffing round women the colour of a bit of teak rather than electrical work I would n all.
reem!

Reply to How Sad Young Douchebags Took Over Modern Britain in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock