Currently reading:
I bought a cannabis farm

Discuss I bought a cannabis farm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'll try to cut a long story short... Just purchased a new property, which it transpires was being used as a cannabis farm by the previous owner who now lives abroad. Yes, they lied on their vendor checklist. On moving in I noted that there was no supply and called the supplier to get the power back on. It turns out that the supply was cut by Western Power after the property was raided by Police back in August 2021. Now obviously I want my power back on, though it doesn't seem right that I'm footing the bill for the previous owners illegal activity. Just got a quote back from Western Power who want £2300 (Inc of VAT) for the re-connection. I'm excavating outside myself for the prep work to lay a cable (5metres) so they can make the pot (Seems ironic given the building history) connection under my path. WP are suggesting that a service alteration is needed to install a 3 phase supply, to future proof my property for green technologies. 'The cost of this forms the bulk of the fee's for reconnection, and yet I didn't ask for a service alteration, and neither did the site team from WP say this was necessary. Can anyone here tell me if this upgrade is mandatory? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Oh, and the disconnection wasn't picked up on searches because WP have their records wrong, my meter is listed as being at my next door neighbours and vice versa. They had records showing my neighbour being disconnected and me having a supply. Of course when I questioned them on this, I got. "Oh, those are not actually our records.

Doesn't the TA6 document cover the supply of electricity in section 13, this should have been given to you by the selling solicitor and it is their responsibility to make sure it is correct, If you have one what did the document say?

I don’t know if this question has been asked before, or answered…. But did the OP view the property at all before buying?

Funny smell?

Lights not working?

You are not at fault, so you shouldn’t be expected to pay.

A reasonably good solicitor should be able to work it out.

Reply to I bought a cannabis farm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock