Search the forum,

Discuss Just Had To Laugh in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Poshspark

I had an email enquiry last night at 10:30 I have been busy all day so I called the lady tonight at 7:55 and a man answers the phone, so
Me:I told him who I am and could I speak to Emily.
Him: Do you not think this is a strange time to call.
Me: I was a bit taken aback I said what time would you prefer me to call.
Him: Could you not call back tomorrow during the day.

Am I the only person who calls there customers in the evening?is 7:55 an odd time or is he an odd customer?
Don't think I will call him tomorrow.

Admittedly the guys reaction was a bit OTT, but personally I wouldn't call a client at that time...I'd keep it within normal working hours.

But it's all about personal preference...plus getting the damn time to do it!

I find that it's more convenient to call on an evening, a lot of my customers work full time so contacting them during the day is difficult

Yes but you can bet he would be the first to complain if you were on the phone when on his job.
I had a busy day so once you get home have dinner put the children to bed time runs away.

I think the "not worrying about it" method is best,go with your first thought,it is usually the right one. On the other hand,you may have just caught him on "gimp" night,you know how it goes...suit on,gimp out of the box,Doris confirms the "safe" word and some bloody electrician rings up......

Sounds like a pain in the ar$e troublemaker and not worth it for the price of one crappy socket. Of course you have to phone customers in the evenings, 99% of them are out at work in the day. I consider any time up to 8:30 or at a push 9pm reasonable.

Reply to Just Had To Laugh in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back