Search the forum,

Discuss LPG domestic tank earthing. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think you need specific training to touch this stuff, that means registration and that the fire brigade need know who you are.....

It needs MPB inside the house
It needs a separate Earth Electrode
It needs an earthing point, usually a brass stud for the tanker to make an electrical connection to disperse static.
It does not need a PME export (you must decide what is the best route here)

This liquid gas is lethal, if it leaks it lays on the floor, its flash point percentage changes unlike natural gas and when it goes, it chases you around like Australian green crabs.
So beware and have the appropriate insurance. You have been warned !

Yep, that about sums it up!! lol!!

The earthing point on the bulk storage tank will normally be provided by the tank manufacturer, as will the safety earth connection point.

I aint touching the tank. I got a bit carried away on my first post. I am will bond gas pipe when it comes into the house. You ladies make me laugh.

Earth it as a NG installation and treat it like no other, at the end of the day its introducing an earth potential and so requires bonding. No need to contact the fire brigrade, possess special insurance, ACOPS, earth electrode, etc just to bond it. If there is no meter, then clamp it on the consumer side of the OPSO/UPSO regulator.

Reply to LPG domestic tank earthing. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock