Currently reading:
Max floor area of a ring main?

Discuss Max floor area of a ring main? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

How standards have dropped!!, any experienced sparky I hope would not wire 12 s/o 0n 20 amp radial on 2.5mm cable.so you would say that's good practice then?

How standards have dropped!!, any experienced sparky I hope would not wire 12 s/o 0n 20 amp radial on 2.5mm cable.so you would say that's good practice then?

yeah ?
well where did you get your numbers from ?
only 2 on a radial ? dont be daft.
seeing as the circuit device will prevent cable overload there is no maximum.

What's happening this evening, it must be the high pollen count. Some of these posts this evening are bordering insanity, why don't we just prevent the customer from using electricity just incase they alter something.

Give it a break, work to the regs and let the rest of the world go by.

I always thought that you were allowed "unlimited socket outlets within 100m Sq."

I got told today that if the floor area was above 75m Sq it required an addittonal ring and this was the "new Regs" .

Is this correct?

if you have a look in onsite guide (amendment 1)

100m is the recomended max length for a 2.5 ring feeding sockets.

also mentions 50m for lights if i remember correctly, havent used onsite guide for a while

Rumour has it that the next BS7671 recommends that socket outlets be wired in 16mm T&E, be protected by a 6A breaker and the total number of SO's be limited to 0!

Surely if you only put 2 SO on a radial with a 20a breaker, there is FAR more likely hood of mr DIY adding sockets thus creating the circuit you fear so much, oh and he can also change the breaker to a 63a so why ain't you wiring in 16mm ' just in case'

Reply to Max floor area of a ring main? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back