Currently reading:
meters not accurate below 0.01 ohms

Discuss meters not accurate below 0.01 ohms in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

That's very helpfull thanks tony these are expensive wonder how much to buy ? This is a great starting point for me even though my firm should be telling me this not other way round lol but knowledge is power and if they want my signature they need to provide the correct equipment for me to do my job :)

I ment 0.1 ohm haha this is the reason I post on here cos its good to chat to other guys bout these things and to get ya mistakes pointed out lol ( no o es perfect ) . I be honest I had not heard of this it was a another of the lads to mention this which has lead me to do some research and start asking some questions :)

My megger meter went to 4dp,would have been fine for the job.
think it's a megger 286 from memory,were about £500 a few years back.

My megger meter went to 4dp,would have been fine for the job.
think it's a megger 286 from memory,were about £500 a few years back.

I think you may be right, and sounds like the unit we have used on past projects. But i can't remember the actual model number either!! lol!!

I'm not seeing much of a point in using a Ductor tester to measure Ze to be honest, you would need much more information than the values measured with this device. You'd need some very long test leads too in most circumstances, and a fair bit of calculation if you do happen to be in possession of all the other relevant information!!

I use these testers to determine contact resistances of say Switchboard buss bar joints, contact resistances of ACB/GCB and larger MCCB breakers etc, and basically anything that has a sizable and/or critical site made joint/connection and the like!! Like Tony, i wouldn't be without a decent Ductor test kit during testing/commissioning sub-stations and the like!!

Reply to meters not accurate below 0.01 ohms in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock