Currently reading:
Multifunction Tester Comparison Chart

Discuss Multifunction Tester Comparison Chart in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

hi guys we have MFT 1553 , metrel mi 3125 . and the metrel Mi3101At and i would honestly say the metrels are the best in that bunch especialy the AT
(although i must admit i havent tried any on the new megger 1700 series instruments)

for anyone who has the AT metrel told me last week that the 17th edition firmware update even has a voltage drop verification (although i need to send it back to be done at metrel F.O.C) but sounds a handy function

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to all new on here. I have just been looking around and come across this discussion, and I hav to say that megger are very good robust testers. I have a friend that hasn't had he's calibrated from new (bout 3 years of use) and pass no probs when he decided to get it done the other day. Goes to show they are good testers.

Hi Jase,

Metrel's Eurolink Pro software isn't Mac compatible I'm afraid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can you not do a dual boot to Windows? It could be a way around your problem...

might have to at this rate cant find ANY software mac compatible, Tysoft.amtech,pirform anything, trouble is i hate windows, since going mac ive never looked back, never had a silly pop up telling me there is a syntax error, never had the darn thing freeze up on me etc etc, just dont wannaa compromise the performance of my macbook by sticking something on it that i wished never to have to return to using

It;s not like Mac is an unpopular choice of machine, dunno whats up with these software manufacturers,
guess its the lite instead of the combo pro for me then,

Thank you for the chart, but I called your place & got some great advise from "Chris" I believe, Thought it through then placed an order that day, cheers

Hi Jase, just found your post by accident, not sure if it helps but i had similar thoughts as was buying a new laptop, had mac before & as you say would go back to pc based unless forced to, I don't know much about them but the guys in the apple shop said it wouldn't be an issue, you could use bootcamp within the mac or buy other software app for it, and it would run them side by side with no real down sides. I have not tried this yet as only just got my multi function tester etc, but i'll let you know if you want the outcome, cheers Spod

Hi I have a Kewtech kt62 and it doensn't have the no trip function when measuring zs. Is there no way I can do this test apart from by calculation (as not allowed to short circuit or bypas rcds). How would I do even do a ze from the cu with an upfront rcd (say on a TT). How would it work through the old ELCB with yellow test button.

Any comments apreciated:)

Thanks in advance.

I suspect the Fluke ones are large to allow for shock impact as they claim they withstand accidental falls up to 2 meters I think, no entirely sure, and I am not prepared to try on mine.

You have saved my time. I thought it will take at least 4-5hrs to understand it. But you have made it easier to understand by giving the link.

Reply to Multifunction Tester Comparison Chart in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock